This phones ahead of its time!!!

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Ive had my 6P since last december and i still love it. Ive had an S7E, moto z firce and a htc 10, and still i cant stop picking up my 6P. Necer thought i would hold on to a phone this long without being bored of it.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh and since i first purchased it, its gotten smoother and faster, battery is pretty bad now though, not sure why. 2-3 hours SOT max now

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Because the battery has worn off from use... and yeah the 6p is a fine phone except it's just getting a lil old now. Although the specs are still good enough for it to be in the game no doubt.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Why do you think it's getting too old?
I have one and it's as good as new. Plan to hold on for a long time. Have seen no issues with the battery. Just downloaded Android 7.1.1 and it appears to be faster and the battery life seems better.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
No plans to replace my 6P,still easily the best phone I`ve ever had the pleasure of using,very smooth and still,IMHO, very fast.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Because the battery has worn off from use... and yeah the 6p is a fine phone except it's just getting a lil old now. Although the specs are still good enough for it to be in the game no doubt.

For that matter, the OG Nexus 6 is still a good phone too. Very fast and has a great big screen. I have no urge to "upgrade" to anything else anytime soon. I would get a 6P if I was coming from a Nexus 5, but from a 6 it's not worth it to me. A pixel isn't even worth it to me. Let's be honest here. I really believe most people don't need the fastest, most spec'd out phone on the planet, but they just like having it. For bragging rights, or just self satisfaction.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For that matter, the OG Nexus 6 is still a good phone too. Very fast and has a great big screen. I have no urge to "upgrade" to anything else anytime soon. I would get a 6P if I was coming from a Nexus 5, but from a 6 it's not worth it to me. A pixel isn't even worth it to me.

6P to Pixel, I agree. But coming from someone who went from a 6 to a 6P, it was worth the jump. Mostly two things; camera and FPS. The 6P's camera is lightyears beyond the 6... The difference in lower light capability is laughable. And that FPS... Yeah, not buying another phone without one.

So while other than those features, there's not a ton of difference between the 6 and 6P, those two add a ton of value.

In stark contrast to the 6P and Pixel... Most of The differences there are mostly software, and quite a few of those differences have been reverse engineered into the 6P.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine still does great inbthe battery department. Got it day one. It is now a secondary phone to my Pixel, but I only need to charge it every four days as I primarily use it for work email because I don't want to add outlook to my Pixel.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
For that matter, the OG Nexus 6 is still a good phone too. Very fast and has a great big screen. I have no urge to "upgrade" to anything else anytime soon. I would get a 6P if I was coming from a Nexus 5, but from a 6 it's not worth it to me. A pixel isn't even worth it to me. Let's be honest here. I really believe most people don't need the fastest, most spec'd out phone on the planet, but they just like having it. For bragging rights, or just self satisfaction.

Plus the 6 has another year of security updates at least.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
But coming from someone who went from a 6 to a 6P, it was worth the jump. Mostly two things; camera and FPS.
I rarely take pics so it's a moot point to me. I like to live life, not sitting on the sidelines always taking pics. And since everyone these days takes 1000's of pics, I think people are getting burned out always looking at them. Some people take pics of every waking moment, which makes no sense to me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I rarely take pics so it's a moot point to me. I like to live life, not sitting on the sidelines always taking pics. And since everyone these days takes 1000's of pics, I think people are getting burned out always looking at them. Some people take pics of every waking moment, which makes no sense to me.
I am also not a non stop photo taker but I do like to capture moments of my nephew. He will only be this small for so long :).

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I rarely take pics so it's a moot point to me.

To you, but you'd be in the minority at this point. Camera quality is one of the most important features that people want in a phone at the moment... large R&D divisions are devoted to designing the best shooter for these phones... entire ad campaigns revolve around how well the pictures are or how good the videos are. Launch events spend a great deal of time boasting about them and when people pick up a new phone for the first time, more often than not, they open up the camera and give it a try.

Me? I don't take a ton of pics (that's my wife's thing) but when I DO take a picture, I don't want the damn phone to get in the way or screw things up, so camera quality is important to me. I had a Nexus 6, had it for about a year and I hadn't planned on getting rid of it for the 6P, until I got some feedback from some people I knew... and the bits that the 6P did better than the 6 went well past the line of what I would consider 'worth it'.

Now, everyone else's line is different. I try not to make the mistake of assuming everyone else's experiences and needs match my own. Don't care much about camera quality? No use for a fingerprint sensor? And, like you mention, you run custom ROMs so you don't have much use for the official update window (You can get custom 7.1.1 builds for the Nexus 4, for instance. In a situation like that? Sure, the Nexus 6 could probably tick enough boxes off that you might not need worry about replacing it. But everyone has their own use case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere