Thunderbolt extended battery case

deepo

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I took an Xacto knife and cut a couple of "gills" on the sides of my silicone case just where the battery hump stretches the case. Works fine although ultimately I'll get a proper case. At least I can use the old case for a while. I'm surprised - usually the accessory folks come out with a million and one extra things to buy. You've thought a series of cases to fit the extended battery would be simultaneous. Someone in marketing wasn't thinking!!!

ShelJW

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this case has been mentioned, but I'm really liking it!

Picked up from the local Verizon store. Leaves the kickstand/speaker exposed with easy access!

Holster.JPG

(Just noticed that the photo above doesn't seem to be for the extended battery, but the case I picked up looks EXACTLY like this one, but has the hump and is designed for use with the TB extended battery from Verizon.)

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site

Picked up from the local Verizon store. Leaves the kickstand/speaker exposed with easy access!

Holster.JPG

(Just noticed that the photo above doesn't seem to be for the extended battery, but the case I picked up looks EXACTLY like this one, but has the hump and is designed for use with the TB extended battery from Verizon.)

Just picked mine up lastnight, love it!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jmayniac

May 10, 2010
Visit site

Holster.JPG

You got this from a Verizon store? Every store I have been to doesn't have anything like this for the extended battery. I can't find it on the VZW website either.

lapo

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Found a great case for the thunderbolt with the extended battery. Its a rubberized hard shell case that lets you still use the kickstand that is on the thunderbolt. The website i got it from was letstalk.com and its a perfect fit that fits in my platnium holster i got from best buy.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Found a great case for the thunderbolt with the extended battery. Its a rubberized hard shell case that lets you still use the kickstand that is on the thunderbolt. The website i got it from was letstalk.com and its a perfect fit that fits in my platnium holster i got from best buy.

I have the same one. I like it better than seidios because there is less bulk, you can use the kickstand, and it feels better in hand. It's awesome!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I mean wtf. Why did they cover the speak and kickstand up.. I really hard to believe that it doesnt affect the sound.. I mean really comeon.. its covered up!

Also does anyone know of a leather pouch with buckle ( magnet / snap / whatever ) not a holster, with the extended battery support

I'm wanting to know the same thing. I would like to get an extended battery but it's too big to feel comfortable in my pocket. And I'm not a clip fan, it has to be a pouch.

fresefrog

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Trident case (tridentcase.com) just released the Electra case which comes with an integrated screen protector, holster, and extended battery. It is listed for $69.95 but when I added it to the cart it came up for $64.95. If your not in a hurry they also are offering standard shipping for free.

LAKingsDru

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have this same case. It's great. Also have the silicone one where you fit your phone into it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

swieder

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

We are glad that you liked our case! The reason why we chose to build our own is because we want to preserve the optimum viewing angle for your ThunderBolt. Building the kickstand into the case ensure that the additional thickness will not affect how you watch contents. Covering up the kickstand also maximize the protection for your device.

Regards,

I carved out the plastic on the Seidio Extended case so that the stock kickstand goes thru. Much nicer than the flimsy plastic stand that came with the case.

EDIT: Pics attached, blurry, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

math2life

May 15, 2011
Visit site
There is a guy with userid moretalktime on eBay that sells a pretty inexpensive high quality TPU case that allows for use of the kickstand too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMY2024