TMO Storage Full Problem Android 11

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
A few days ago I got a system message that internal memory was nearly full, which is highly unlikely.

From storage AFTER deleting (and noting) over 25 apps -

Other apps 82 GB
Files 5.9 GB (I store all data possible on a 256GB SD card
Other apps 82 GB (!!!)
Files 5.9 GB
System 30 GB

This is after I deleted all unessential apps and it's impossible that this amount of space could be used. After deleting dozens of apps used space was reduced 97% full -> 93% full, still not acceptable since it's best practice to lease a good amount of internal memory free.

A few months ago 50%+ of storage was free, as opposed to the above.

From system->App info most apps are less than 100mb and only a handful are 400mb or so.
Cache and all extra were also deleted and moved elsewhere.

Any ideas what else I can try? I want to avoid resetting and reinstalling everything. My phone is critical for work.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check all messaging and social media apps to see if they've built up enormous amounts of cache or data. Telegram and kik are common culprits.

Also try running DiskUsage to get a better idea of what's taking up space.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Check all messaging and social media apps to see if they've built up enormous amounts of cache or data. Telegram and kik are common culprits.

Also try running DiskUsage to get a better idea of what's taking up space.

Thanks, I should have mentioned the only social media that I use is Twitter, and that is using very little space. Telegram is rarely used and uses only 75mb including data. If I have to use FB, I just use a browser. And I only have two games, both less than 100MB and disabled the stock games which can't be deleted.

Adding up for each app (app and data, cache cleared) should be well under 20GB, not 80GB! Of course the 80GB includes some system apps and TMO apps that are not removable. Most TMO apps are disabled.

Is 30GB for system (see my first post) to be expected? That looks like a lot but never noted in the past since main memory was always less than 50%.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
30 GB might be high, but it can depend on how much total storage the phone has. If it's a 256 GB version, that might be a reasonable figure.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
30 GB might be high, but it can depend on how much total storage the phone has. If it's a 256 GB version, that might be a reasonable figure.

It's 128GB version.

My theory is residual junk left over after Android version updates.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, there's no way to wipe the cache partition on LG phones, so a factory reset might be the next step.:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d