Today's the day Samsung Unpacked!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So who's excited for the Samsung unpacked event starting at 1 central today? Once the phones are announced how soon do you think that the carriers will offer them for pre-order?

If I remember correctly, it's usually midnight day of announcement. I think Pacific Time Zone.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Typically, carriers start selling them the Friday after the Tuesday announcement.

That seems to be the situation I've most often seen.

This gives the various sellers time to advertise what goodies you'll get if you order from them, and buyers time to decide where to buy.

I'll be curious to see if this reservation thing gets us any advantage. Maybe we can preorder a day or more before general preorders, but at the expense of having to order from Samsung and only able to get their goodies.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Typically, carriers start selling them the Friday after the Tuesday announcement.

My local TMobile rep told me today that pre-order will start 1 week after the announcement....yeah right. I know better. I said to myself that pre-orders will start Thursday at midnight at the earliest..

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Wow, I was pretty surprised that they aren't taking pre-orders right away. Apparently we have to wait until the 20th!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
They did that so that it gives people another week to save up enough money for the down payment.

Haha, yeah it looks like this year has us in for quite the uptick. I'm going to have to make room in the budget for this year's S-series upgrade. I'm considering just paying off my my JOD installments and upgrading through Samsung in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Intellect works