Traded galaxy s8+ for the g6

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I never liked the look and feel when the animations were turned off... everything felt sharp and jerky. My life isn't hectic enough to warrant saving the tiny fractions of a second that the animations may or may not add. But they need to be smooth... rough, jerky animations stick out like a sore thumb.

The G6... I've been impressed by the performance of it. It is, by far, the smoothest LG device I've owned/used. LG usually has a fair bit of UI jank in their phones.. frame drops here or there that don't slow things down, they just look rough. This thing is pretty smooth and it flows around the windows and menus like my 6P (which might be nearly 2 years old at this point but is still a smoooth operator.)

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the perfect combo now. A G6 and a HTC U11, at least until the next Pixel comes out
I always wondered about people who carry two phones. Do you just switch the SIM card when you feel like switching phones? Or do you physically carry both phones with you at all times ?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I never liked the look and feel when the animations were turned off... everything felt sharp and jerky. My life isn't hectic enough to warrant saving the tiny fractions of a second that the animations may or may not add. But they need to be smooth... rough, jerky animations stick out like a sore thumb.

The G6... I've been impressed by the performance of it. It is, by far, the smoothest LG device I've owned/used. LG usually has a fair bit of UI jank in their phones.. frame drops here or there that don't slow things down, they just look rough. This thing is pretty smooth and it flows around the windows and menus like my 6P (which might be nearly 2 years old at this point but is still a smoooth operator.)
I agree with you. The last LG I had was the G4 and after a few months it was slow, froze constantly or overheated. Thats when I jumped ship to apple (unfortunately haha)

Glad I gave them another chance. The G6 is a totally different beast. Super smooth, hardly ever freezes or overheats, and a joy to use

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I always wondered about people who carry two phones. Do you just switch the SIM card when you feel like switching phones? Or do you physically carry both phones with you at all times ?

I have G6 and Honor 8 Pro best of 4 cameras.. Lol... I carry both phones at the same time... I have dual sims in my G6 and single sim in honor with 64g sd card.. My G6 is 64gb version with hi-fi dac and Honor 8 Pro is 128gb with 6gb ram

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site

This is a first for me. I've switched a lot since coming from iPhone a couple of years ago and could never decide on what to keep for long. So... I'll see how this goes for a while.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
This is a first for me. I've switched a lot since coming from iPhone a couple of years ago and could never decide on what to keep for long. So... I'll see how this goes for a while.
I've never really been an iphone user but i did switch android phones A lot before since android has so many different experiences i find it normal wanting to try them all ahah I'm sure you'll find something that fits you eventually :)

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Are you still enjoying your device?

I'm really enjoying this device a lot. I like more than Samsung for sure. I hope LG doesn't follow Samsung and apple with the v30 price. Rumors are both the note 8 and new iPhone will be over a grand. Which is ******* stupid. If that's the case, im sure Google will follow too, gone are the days of the affordable Nexus device.

I will probably pick up either the essential or the HTC U11

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The clerk at T-Mobile had an s8 and she said she hated it.. She got it for free from the company but she said she had to trade in her V20 which she loved.... And constantly complained about it.. Haha I thought it was funny.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The clerk at T-Mobile had an s8 and she said she hated it.. She got it for free from the company but she said she had to trade in her V20 which she loved.... And constantly complained about it.. Haha I thought it was funny.
Yeah that is pretty funny. I think alot of people gets seduced by the beautiful Infiniti display, but when you get to the day to day, realized the S8 isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I realized I haven't seen many S8 or S8+ in the airports recently either. Still iPhones where ever I look

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that is pretty funny. I think alot of people gets seduced by the beautiful Infiniti display, but when you get to the day to day, realized the S8 isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I realized I haven't seen many S8 or S8+ in the airports recently either. Still iPhones where ever I look
That's why i traded the screen is really nice no doubt about it, but the curves make it much less strong and prone to breaking. Ended up trading my s8+. Standby us incredible imho.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site

I had one and then the S8 plus. I hate TouchWiz, even though it's better than it was and I just think Samsung phones are too loaded down with bloat and other ****. I love my U11 and the G6 is a solid phone to switch back and forth with.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I'm really enjoying this device a lot. I like more than Samsung for sure. I hope LG doesn't follow Samsung and apple with the v30 price. Rumors are both the note 8 and new iPhone will be over a grand. Which is ******* stupid. If that's the case, im sure Google will follow too, gone are the days of the affordable Nexus device.

I will probably pick up either the essential or the HTC U11

The U11 is awesome. I love it. I think the camera beats Samsung's. Feels great in the hand too. Get one. I highly recommend it.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
The U11 is awesome. I love it. I think the camera beats Samsung's. Feels great in the hand too. Get one. I highly recommend it.

I absolutely loved my HTC 10, I'm going to wait and see what everyone brings to the to able at the end of August and makey decision.

The XDA community is doing wonders with custom ROMs for the U11 and expanding on the edge sense. I'm thinking that's what I will go with in the end. Waiting for any major bugs to be worked out with the HTC firmware that may be present in a custom ROM.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
S8 never impressed me, neither the Plus version, the S7 edge was great phone until the Nougat update, but even then it wasn't that great...

I would take G6 over S8 any day, it might not look "wow" but it probably works "wow" as oppose to S8, which will slow down very soon for some users, however as i have the Mate 9, i wouldn't buy any phone now unless it's maybe the Mate 10.

It's kinda offtopic, but as i had those three phone, i would say that the Mate 9 is the best phone atm, and it's sooo underrated, but buying G6 with all it's features is a great choice.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Not here in the UK it doesn't. We get no DAC, no wireless charging and only 32gb storage.... but we will probably pay more for less features

It's a crazy world. You get screwed in the UK (and Australia, etc.) while in Asia they get innovations we will never see. There seems to be a belief that they have to keep things simple for other markets.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
S8 never impressed me, neither the Plus version, the S7 edge was great phone until the Nougat update, but even then it wasn't that great...

I would take G6 over S8 any day, it might not look "wow" but it probably works "wow" as oppose to S8, which will slow down very soon for some users, however as i have the Mate 9, i wouldn't buy any phone now unless it's maybe the Mate 10.

It's kinda offtopic, but as i had those three phone, i would say that the Mate 9 is the best phone atm, and it's sooo underrated, but buying G6 with all it's features is a great choice.

to each his own bruh, your contribution is welcomed. The Mate 9 looks great.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Imho huawei is underrated as a hole they make THE best fingerprint scanners imo, I hate their emui but their kirin processor looks even better than samsung's own chipset (which i don't find that surprising tbh)

If my carrier ever has a premium huawei model i'll get it no doubt about it,even if i do still love my g6 i love metal phones much better than glass.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claudio1986saavedra