Transaction did not process but shows up on account

zhanggar

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I went to walmart today and used samsung pay with my bank of america credit card, I tried 2 times and got an error each time so the transaction never went through (it had worked everytime before). However it shows up on my samsung pay account that the transaction was processed. Also it shows up as pending twice on bank of america account, but the receipt never printed out at the store so I still had to pay. Has anyone had this issue before and did you have to dispute it?

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I went to walmart today and used samsung pay with my bank of america credit card, I tried 2 times and got an error each time so the transaction never went through (it had worked everytime before). However it shows up on my samsung pay account that the transaction was processed. Also it shows up as pending twice on bank of america account, but the receipt never printed out at the store so I still had to pay. Has anyone had this issue before and did you have to dispute it?

I would call Bank of America..

aa6vh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me at Walmart. Even got an alert on the phone that the Walmart transaction was approved a couple of minutes after leaving the store.

Called Wells Fargo as soon as I got home. Walmart had already refunded the charge, so it appears that all is well.

Like said above, call you bank and confirm. And keep that receipt that showed you paid with another method!

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had trouble at Walmart as well, but have never had trouble before. I have used Samsung Pay dozens of times there w/o issues until today. I wonder if Walmart is blocking Samsung Pay to force you to use there new Walmart Pay.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Badass Galaxy S7

harlenm#AC

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I had trouble at Walmart as well, but have never had trouble before. I have used Samsung Pay dozens of times there w/o issues until today. I wonder if Walmart is blocking Samsung Pay to force you to use there new Walmart Pay.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Badass Galaxy S7
They definitely are blocking it. Use the Walmart app to pay. Works great and saves the receipt right inside the app.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's being blocked. At first it was at least seeming like it was going through. Now it's just saying card read error for me. I'm reluctantly using Walmart Pay.

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
What happens is that the retailer pulls back the transaction after it's been approved, even though the terminal says it didn't happen. Make sure you notify BOA so that they make a note of it and that the transaction was negated by WalMart.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's being blocked. At first it was at least seeming like it was going through. Now it's just saying card read error for me. I'm reluctantly using Walmart Pay.
Mine is not being blocked. It works as it always has. But Walmart pay is an option as well. No blocking at the West Virginia Wal-Mart I've been to. Really don't see how they could block it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine is not being blocked. It works as it always has. But Walmart pay is an option as well. No blocking at the West Virginia Wal-Mart I've been to. Really don't see how they could block it.
I don't know how they're doing it either, but it's not working anymore here in Mississippi. All I get is a card read error. It's working at other places though so it can't be Samsung Pay. They've found a way to block it.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Walmart Pay blocking Samsung Pay in some areas. I've tried using SP in several counties in Maryland and they all have the terminals with Walmart pay, and I've had 0% success rate. Boo walmart for pulling this stunt. Double checked my SP transactions to confirm that the payments did not go thru SP because I had to use my card to complete my transaction.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Walmart isn't blocking samsung pay. They were having issues with some terminals. It's working fine for me and many others. I suggest you keep trying and don't give in to using Walmart pay. I tried it once and it's very cumbersome

Posted via the Android Central App

fredmc2020

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
When I first used samsung pay a few months ago it worked perfectly at walmart. Now every time I try it, the transaction goes through but before I go to sign it spits out a small error receipt that says "INVALID SECURITY CODE".

I called my bank (Chase) and they said that they approved the purchase on their end but it was Walmart that either cancelled or denied it (charge was still "pending" at this point). My card works everywhere else. It looks like Walmart found a way to stop samsung pay.

I'll call samsung pay support tomorrow and update here after.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I gave up with Wal-Mart in my area. Several stores all with Wal-Mart pay active and none of the 4 locations I tried were successful using samsung pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy