transfer w/ Titanium Backuup

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both have rooted Droid Razr Maxx HDs. My screen is cracked, my wife was willing to switch to a Droid Razr M and give me her Maxx HD. Now, im trying to transfer everything from my Maxx HD to my wife's Maxx HD. I have backuped everything w/ Titanium Backup Pro. On the Titanium Backup Pro wiki page under "transfering backup to a new phone" all it says is to download TBP on the new phone and restore all missing apps + data. When I do this all the apps selected to restore are the apps from my wife's phone instead of my apps. This makes sense but I figured I would try and follow the directions exactly as the appear on the TBP wiki page. Could anyone PLEASE help me transfer all my backups on one droid razr maxx hd to a different one?

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So no one has ever purchased a new phone and transfered everything over to it with TiB? Is there any purpose for this app other than installing new ROMs?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
On the old phone, copy the tbu folder over to the sdcard.

Then, take the sdcard out. Put it in the new phone.

In the tbu app, go to menu. Then preferences. Then, backup folder locstion.

Press back until you can choose the external sdcard (sdcard1?). Choose the tbu folder from the old phone.

Press Use the current folder.

Then, restore your apps.

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My understanding (or lack thereof) is that the SD card is not removable so I'm assuming you have to buy another one? As much as I hate Verizon apps, it's nice that backup assistant will download everything from their own cloud. I don't have enough dropbox/drive space, so I just wanted to make sure TiBu didn't have their own cloud before I go buying an SD card? Anyway, thanks for being the one out of 466 that responded

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

SmokeNMirrors

May 9, 2011
Visit site
On the MAXX HD you'll see a little hole on the left edge - use the tool that came with the phone (or a paperclip) and gently press it in there. It'll remove a drawer that contains the SD card and SIM. You should move both from your old phone to your wife's (unless you want her phone #). Then run TiBu. If there's no SD card in there then get one, run a full backup and then move it to the other phone.