Tried to flash L and now...problems. Please HELP!

RaysBucsBolts

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So I normally don't like these "help" posts as most of them are easily Google-able. But I've run every Google search imaginable and have been pouring through forums and cannot seem to pinpoint my problem and where I went wrong.

I tried to flash L using the NRT 1.8.4 and everything seemed to be working fine but then I got stuck in a bootloop. I then went into Recovery Mode and wiped the cache, however, it was still stuck in bootloop upon reboot. I decided to bite the bullet and just try to flash back to 4.4.4 using NRT's Flash Stock and Unroot: Soft-bricked/Bootloop option.

Everything went fine and the flash back to stock went fine. So I rerooted and it prompted me to flash a custom recovery using TWRP...something I've never done. Yes, I didn't have a backup. I am an *****.

So I installed TWRP following all of the instructions and the root went perfectly. However, upon boot-up, I had at least 10 prompts saying one app or another is not currently working including all of my Google ones (all of my contacts appear to be gone and I cannot launch Gmail or really anything at all). I reinstalled my Xposed framework but most of that stuff is not working either as GravityBox is one of my error messages.

I have pretty much zero functionality of my nav bar (recent tasks doesn't work nor does the back button) and my power button will not prompt a power option menu. When I swipe down my notification bar, my settings are all scrunched in in the middle of the screen and do not expand.

I have no idea what I did or how to fix it and while I would hate to have to factory reset, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Has anyone ever encountered this or have any clue as to how I messed this up so badly?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I normally don't like these "help" posts as most of them are easily Google-able. But I've run every Google search imaginable and have been pouring through forums and cannot seem to pinpoint my problem and where I went wrong.

I tried to flash L using the NRT 1.8.4 and everything seemed to be working fine but then I got stuck in a bootloop. I then went into Recovery Mode and wiped the cache, however, it was still stuck in bootloop upon reboot. I decided to bite the bullet and just try to flash back to 4.4.4 using NRT's Flash Stock and Unroot: Soft-bricked/Bootloop option.

Everything went fine and the flash back to stock went fine. So I rerooted and it prompted me to flash a custom recovery using TWRP...something I've never done. Yes, I didn't have a backup. I am an *****.

So I installed TWRP following all of the instructions and the root went perfectly. However, upon boot-up, I had at least 10 prompts saying one app or another is not currently working including all of my Google ones (all of my contacts appear to be gone and I cannot launch Gmail or really anything at all). I reinstalled my Xposed framework but most of that stuff is not working either as GravityBox is one of my error messages.

I have pretty much zero functionality of my nav bar (recent tasks doesn't work nor does the back button) and my power button will not prompt a power option menu. When I swipe down my notification bar, my settings are all scrunched in in the middle of the screen and do not expand.

I have no idea what I did or how to fix it and while I would hate to have to factory reset, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Has anyone ever encountered this or have any clue as to how I messed this up so badly?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Welcome to the forums.
First, can you link what file you used to try to flash L?

RaysBucsBolts

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome.

I downloaded the Preview System Images from the Android L Developer Preview website (Setting Up the Preview SDK | Android Developers).

Just read this warning on LifeHacker website: Warning: It's mentioned on Google's download pages, but it's worth repeating: flashing this will erase your device and all your data. Be sure to do a backup before you begin.

So I may have screwed myself but I'm still hoping there are recovery options.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No, there probably isn't. You should be able to get set back up on KK, by reflashing the stock images.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali