Trouble With Sleep of Death on EB01/SuperClean 2.x?

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the SOD is showing it ugly head again with the CR. Maybe we should try the same steps as before. Get the OTA to ED01 by going back to full stock, then do the full data wipe, cache and Davlik and see if that helps. I have not gotten the SOD yet, but I will try to fix permissions first and if that does not help, I will go back to the OTA up to ED01 then wipe.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the SOD is showing it ugly head again with the CR. Maybe we should try the same steps as before. Get the OTA to ED01 by going back to full stock, then do the full data wipe, cache and Davlik and see if that helps. I have not gotten the SOD yet, but I will try to fix permissions first and if that does not help, I will go back to the OTA up to ED01 then wipe.

Last night I started getting the SOD again with the Com Rom.

I ODINed back to Factory 2.1, upgraded via OTA to EA28, then OTA to ED01, then wiped everything then re-flashed the Com Rom.:-\ I'll update as the day goes on.

Does anyone know if the superdark EB01 theme would install OK over the Com Rom? (It appears to have fixed the superclean SOD and I use GoLauncher so the theme doesn't really affect much.)

EDIT: If I get a few SODs today I'm going to try the Black Alien 3.0 theme for the Com Rom and see if that helps. (Trial and error. LOL)

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I.am runnin black alien now n had several SODs i swear nothing wrks 4 me ive gone back 2 DI01 n OTA up several times no rom wrks for me...NONE except maybe the full verizon froyo release but after tasting so much awesomeness y would I ever wana use a full verizon release again... I would rather get a brand new fascy w my minor screen burn in n try a custom rom before I just gave up n ran the full verizon release.... Only rom I havent tried besides full verizon is yestetdays evil fascination release

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I.am runnin black alien now n had several SODs i swear nothing wrks 4 me ive gone back 2 DI01 n OTA up several times no rom wrks for me...NONE except maybe the full verizon froyo release but after tasting so much awesomeness y would I ever wana use a full verizon release again... I would rather get a brand new fascy w my minor screen burn in n try a custom rom before I just gave up n ran the full verizon release.... Only rom I havent tried besides full verizon is yestetdays evil fascination release

Have you tried to fix permission with the lasted CWM ALL? I ran SD with the stock ED01, so it should work on CR. I got it last night, but I have since updated my voltage and have not had a problem since. But I will let you know.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to fix permission with the lasted CWM ALL? I ran SD with the stock ED01, so it should work on CR. I got it last night, but I have since updated my voltage and have not had a problem since. But I will let you know.

Just had my first SOD of the day. :(

What do you have your voltage set to?

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just had my first SOD of the day. :(

What do you have your voltage set to?

Everything to 50 right now.

Just changed 200 and 100 to 75

But I have been good so far. (KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK on wood)

I am letting it sit as long as possible without checking to see if I get it.

Did you go all the way down and back up with a wipe?

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
gosh, I'm glad I checked this thread. I was so ready to download and flash this rom tonight, but I CAN'T deal with SoD!!

i'll keep an eye out to see what ya'll find.

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I was til I used a advaned task killer then SOD... Then uninstalled and been ok since... Knock on wood... I fixd permissions like u said earlier also... Even if u r runnin clean on the comm rom u should really try evil fascination its a really beautiful rom I jus hope my I dnt recent luck keeps up

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I was til I used a advaned task killer then SOD... Then uninstalled and been ok since... Knock on wood... I fixd permissions like u said earlier also... Even if u r runnin clean on the comm rom u should really try evil fascination its a really beautiful rom I jus hope my I dnt recent luck keeps up

Just flashed Super dark. Let's see if that cures it.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
WTF?! I flashed SuperDark Theme this morning and haven't had a single SOD since!

What the hell is in SuperDark that cures the SOD???:confused:

I'm glad it's fixed but I hate being locked to a single theme.

Same here, not one since I flashed this afternoon. I was waiting to get more info, but you have had no problems yet. Maybe we should try the 1.1 and see if that will work now.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
You taking about 1.1 straight up?

I flashed 1.1 about 2 hours ago with Superdark still on and am having no Sod issues so far.

No. I left is alone at 1.0. I flashed SD at 3:30 and no sod since then!!! I am pretty excited. THe only problem I get is when I hook my USB up and connect, I get a FC vibration, but nothing closes. So I am not sure what that is, but I can still transfer files. THE HELL WITH IT, if it works, I can live with that.

EDIT: I just moved some stuff into my old 1.0 making it updated myself.

Last edited:

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Im just so lost at wat could cause SOD.... I have been chargin 4 awhile cuz I went flash happy tryin 2solve the problem so idk if I still got it or not...but notice its the same hand full of us that keep getting SOD... Wat is diff in our fones from everyone elses u kno??

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Im just so lost at wat could cause SOD.... I have been chargin 4 awhile cuz I went flash happy tryin 2solve the problem so idk if I still got it or not...but notice its the same hand full of us that keep getting SOD... Wat is diff in our fones from everyone elses u kno??

Not sure. You're right, it is just the same people. Maybe we have a certain phone that was sent out, some people had the issue, but just sent the phone back saying it was broken and got another one that does not do it.

EDIT: I can't even remember who did the SD theme, but at this point, they did something to fix this or deleted or added something to make it work.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could swap my phone out but can't. Verizon gave me my phone for free so I'm not sure if it even has a warranty. (Not contact free, I manage a wireless department and my Verizon rep gave me the phone free for selling a buttload of phones for her one month.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86