Trouble With Sleep of Death on EB01/SuperClean 2.x?

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
With SuperDasrk then Xtreme Green I have had no SOD for 24 hours. The Xtreme green covers all the super dark stuff so it's brighter and green (Works well with my Gingerbread look.)

Plus the notification pulldown is SWEET looking on Xtreme Green.:cool:

Did you do a wipe when you went to SD and up to Xtreme?

I just a SOD on the Frankentheme. I am trying what you did, but without any wipes.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a wipe when you went to SD and up to Xtreme?

I just a SOD on the Frankentheme. I am trying what you did, but without any wipes.

I was getting FC on Com Rom 1.1 then installed SD without a wipe and SOD went away. Then I got antsy and flashed xtreme green without wiping again and still no SOD. (Although I do get nervous when I have to hit my unlock button twice sometimes. LOL)

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I was getting FC on Com Rom 1.1 then installed SD without a wipe and SOD went away. Then I got antsy and flashed xtreme green without wiping again and still no SOD. (Although I do get nervous when I have to hit my unlock button twice sometimes. LOL)

I noticed that happens with the Green theme. I did that also. Went back to SD ran for a boot up, then went back to green. We will see. Fingers Crossed. I really do like this green theme.

EDIT: Lost the TSM settings though. I wonder if we can get that back.

Last edited:

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Heres my current setup with the xtreme green.

20110427162004.jpg

20110427162017.jpg

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Looks nice.... I havent SOD since the SOD after uninstalling youmail but I jus ran fast media in terminal emulator w battery at 63% n wen the fone booted up I now have 12% left??? I will post back if SOD occurs

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Heres my current setup with the xtreme green.

20110427162004.jpg

20110427162017.jpg

Looks great. Is that launcher pro, or a theme is go launcher?
I have not since flashing sd them green. This green theme is real nice. I am very happy now and I think this is how we are going to have to do this.

I have gotten sod with nothing running on my phone before. So I am not sure if it is you mail. But I love youmail, so I can live with this set up.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Looks nice.... I havent SOD since the SOD after uninstalling youmail but I jus ran fast media in terminal emulator w battery at 63% n wen the fone booted up I now have 12% left??? I will post back if SOD occurs

Great. I am glad that worked for you. Wipe your batstats. That will help.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Looks great. Is that launcher pro, or a theme is go launcher?

Its Go Launcher but I had to download Fancy Widget Pro for my clock and pieced together a bunch of Gingerbread icons to make my own gingerbread theme. (Couldn't find a GB theme for go launcher.)

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Its Go Launcher but I had to download Fancy Widget Pro for my clock and pieced together a bunch of Gingerbread icons to make my own gingerbread theme. (Couldn't find a GB theme for go launcher.)

Very nice. I am not sure if I am going to the 1.2 patch. I don't think I need the new stuff or new kernel. What do you think?

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Man...ya'll are making me antsy. I really want to try the community ROM, but I'm on the Debloated offical build and my system is running SO nice. It's almost 10:30 at night and I'm only at about 50% battery, since 7am this morning! And if I start getting that SoD, I think I'll scream, or cuss....or both!

But I'm still getting the itch! Yeah, glutton for punishment, I guess

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Man...ya'll are making me antsy. I really want to try the community ROM, but I'm on the Debloated offical build and my system is running SO nice. It's almost 10:30 at night and I'm only at about 50% battery, since 7am this morning! And if I start getting that SoD, I think I'll scream, or cuss....or both!

But I'm still getting the itch! Yeah, glutton for punishment, I guess

Just throw the Superdark theme on your SD card when you flash the community rom that way if you have SOD problems you can flash SD from the phone.

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
ok so i still havent had an SOD since I SOD after uninstalling youmail, even letting my phone sit on off the charger all nite and wen I woke up no SOD and i didnt touch my phone for 3 hrs in class this morn and no SOD when i got out so i think i am rid of it n all i did was uninstall youmail.... although it has been noted that i and others have run youmail w and w.o SOD in the past on custom roms so idk y it is the prob this time but it was for me

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
ok so i still havent had an SOD since I SOD after uninstalling youmail, even letting my phone sit on off the charger all nite and wen I woke up no SOD and i didnt touch my phone for 3 hrs in class this morn and no SOD when i got out so i think i am rid of it n all i did was uninstall youmail.... although it has been noted that i and others have run youmail w and w.o SOD in the past on custom roms so idk y it is the prob this time but it was for me

Glad you're fixed. No real rhyme or reason as to what causes our fixes it.

Reactions: bubbadogg14

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Glad you're fixed. No real rhyme or reason as to what causes our fixes it.

Spoke to a friend of mine who is a dev for the Mytouch 4g and the Xoom. He said that memory comes with a certain amount of bad sectors that is allowed from the phone manufacturer. Sometimes, one too many bad sectors slips through.

He stated that maybe we have something writing to that bad sector that slipped through which could be causing our issue. That is why each phone responds differently to different things. But that flashing of the theme could be overwriting or moving that file into a good sector eliminating the problem.

Probably BS, but sounds possible, I guess.

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I pm thatdudebutch 2 c if he knew wat he did in superdark 2 cure SOD n he said it was a framework issue but he doesnt know cuz he never had SOD cuz he always ran superdark on his phone... Adrynalyne says maybe 2 low of voltages wen screen turns off or incompatible app.... So it seems it could be a few things

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I pm thatdudebutch 2 c if he knew wat he did in superdark 2 cure SOD n he said it was a framework issue but he doesnt know cuz he never had SOD cuz he always ran superdark on his phone... Adrynalyne says maybe 2 low of voltages wen screen turns off or incompatible app.... So it seems it could be a few things

Too low of Voltage sounds right. Since I got it when running SC without installing anything.