Trying to install 2.2, need help with this 'su' file.

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I have root explorer, and when I go to my bin and xbin, I don't have an su file, and I tried putting it there manually but it said the phone is 'read-only' I'm so lost, how do I put my phone in stock mode, please help me, I really want 2.2 :(

derichio02

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
You only need to find su if you are rooted and it doesn't sound like you are. If you haven't rooted then just flash away!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
you all are making this to hard.
simple way, connect your phone to computer, pull down the notifications bar on phone, touch the USB connection notification, choose pc mode, then open windows explorer on your computer, copy the update.zip to your main phone directory, then follow the install instructions. you dont need root, or any other programs...

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
you all are making this to hard.
simple way, connect your phone to computer, pull down the notifications bar on phone, touch the USB connection notification, choose pc mode, then open windows explorer on your computer, copy the update.zip to your main phone directory, then follow the install instructions. you dont need root, or any other programs...

I think the point is if they had root to begin with. Sounds like there isn't a root method yet while in 2.2 so if you want root in 2.2 you have to follow this .su step.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
SU (superuser) is only related to rooted phones, if you are rooted and want 2.2 to be rooted, make sure you move the file to the xbin. If you have trouble moving it, while in root explorer, press the "mount r/w" button at the top (allowing read/write instead or read only"

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all, I got it updated, pretty neat, is this all the features of when the OTA 2.2 comes out? because I read you can copy/paste stuff from online but I don't have the option to do so.