Turning itself off

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
For about two weeks now...my gn2 is simply turning off. No rhyme or reason. I thought maybe it was an app...so I did a factory reset and put the normal apps back on I have used since I got my phone...and nothing more. It is turning itself off still.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten this randomly and it annoys me. I sort of want my RAZR HD maxx back because I've had a Note II totally fail on me where no calls or texts could be made or reboots/phone cuts off and I have to do a battery pull. :banghead:

It could just be the CLNR product quality though. I'd have a difficult time realistically downgrading.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
What would a SIM card have to do with turning off tho? Doesn't seem like that could be related.
That suggestion seems valid to me. Why would you dismiss it. A hardware connection could certainly cause a reboot. For instance I once had a bad flash drive that when I plugged it into my computer it would cause bluescreen and reboot my computer.

I'm not saying it is the SIM card but why dismiss it when a factory reset didn't help. It could also be a bad sdcard. Try leaving out your sdcard for a day or two and see if you get a reboot. If that doesn't help go to verizon and ask for a new SIM card. Process of elimination.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
That suggestion seems valid to me. Why would you dismiss it. A hardware connection could certainly cause a reboot. For instance I once had a bad flash drive that when I plugged it into my computer it would cause bluescreen and reboot my computer.

I'm not saying it is the SIM card but why dismiss it when a factory reset didn't help. It could also be a bad sdcard. Try leaving out your sdcard for a day or two and see if you get a reboot. If that doesn't help go to verizon and ask for a new SIM card. Process of elimination.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

I'm not dismissing it (read the post)...I am asking the potential connection.

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've gotten this randomly and it annoys me. I sort of want my RAZR HD maxx back because I've had a Note II totally fail on me where no calls or texts could be made or reboots/phone cuts off and I have to do a battery pull. :banghead:

It could just be the CLNR product quality though. I'd have a difficult time realistically downgrading.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Ok...at least I'm not the only one here. I talked to Verizon...and since it is still inside the manufacturer warranty...they are sending me a replacement. They agreed that it seemed odd as well.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok...at least I'm not the only one here. I talked to Verizon...and since it is still inside the manufacturer warranty...they are sending me a replacement. They agreed that it seemed odd as well.

A replacement? Crap... Best of luck. I'm on my 6th because all of them come damaged or hardware failure. It's been pretty well documented that CLNR are a crap shoot. Just make sure you're happy with it or send it back and demand another one. But do it politely of course. I love the Note II but between every CLNR creaking from edge to edge and failure to make calls and send texts I'm about ready to go back to Motorola RAZR Maxx HD. I'm too OCD and no technology will make me deal with this crap. I'm sure a new phone would most likely solve my issues but this CLNR game isn't a very fun game.

See my issues here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=252179
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777