Turning off email content in notifications

otj287

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I added the leaked ROM to my Galaxy S3 and so far I like it. One issue I found that I can't stand is seeing the content of my email in the notifications.

I don't like seeing the first few lines (or several depending on amount of mail) show up within the notifications.

In earlier versions, it'd show the sender, subject (I think?) and date. Is there any way to limit the amount of information that is displayed in the notifications screen?

Thanks in advance!

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't think I can be much help. When the email is showing in your notification bar, you can hold down on it and swipe up, to shrink the size of the notification so that it only shows who it is from and the subject, but it doesn't seem to maintain that change when the next email arrives. Looks like the best you can do for now is uncheck the box to keep Gmail from landing the notifications in your notification bar at all.... :-\

EDIT: A possible work around could be to download a different email app that could give you that option. Maybe some of the other peeps might have suggestions for a good one?

otj287

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi... thanks!

That's what I was afraid of. Hopefully they'll include the option to not show your emails in a future release. Surprised that no one else is concerned about everything showing up.

Thanks again for the reply!

Inka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Would this apply to text message notifications as well? It really grinds my gears there isn't an option to disable the expanded views in the notifications screen!