[Tweak] Performance "Tweaks" (Updated 4/26/2011)

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I stole most of these from here: [TWEAKS][UPDATED 19/04/2011 - Flashable .zips] Performance and battery tweaks - xda-developers

I've tweaked this so much that I forget what exactly I've changed from the script posted above. Read the thread above for all the ins and outs of what the script is doing. Run the script once manually with Gscript after each boot or automatically using Scheduled Scripting App - Scheduled Reboots, etc... Phone Prioritizer App - xda-developers

You only need to run this tweak script once after each reboot. If you want to measure the sd card performance increase, use SD Card Tool before and after running the script.

Unrar the sqlite3 file and place it inside your /system/bin/ folder. Set the permissions to "rwxr-xr-x".

For Froyo ONLY! Backup /system/lib/libsqlite.so from your phone and replace it with the one attached in the rar file. Set permissions to "rw-r--r--". Reboot and enjoy. It has been patched to disable sync. Click here for more info or if you want the Gingerbread version.

As you can see here, it is not that hard to figure out how to do all of this manually.

Last edited:

lift3d

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I stole most of these from here: [TWEAKS][UPDATED 19/04/2011 - Flashable .zips] Performance and battery tweaks - xda-developers

I've tweaked this so much that I forget what exactly I've changed from the script posted above. Read the thread above for all the ins and outs of what the script is doing. Use Gscript to run the script manually, or automatically using Scheduled Scripting App - Scheduled Reboots, etc... Phone Prioritizer App - xda-developers

You only need to run this tweak script once after each reboot. If you want to measure the sd card performance increase, use https://market.android.com/details?id=ales.veluscek.sdtools before and after running the script.

Enjoy!

since all android is open source - is it cool i add this to my source?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Since I stole this from someone else, yes :)

Two small corrections to your statement:

1. The android operating system is open source. The apps people make for android don't have to be open source.

2. Scripts and mods don't generally count as copyright-able material.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I put the build.prop changes into the script.... Ummm, I'd like to think I did more, but I've been copy and pasting from various versions of the tweaks that they have been put out. I omitted portions that didn't apply to our phones or that would return errors when run in gscript.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Some of these tweaks are in the more popular roms already.

Ahrodite definitely does, but they were the ones I thought would create the least problems and give the most benefit. It's likely similar with the others. Some are not as radical as these settings though. So, depending on your rom, you may see a jump, or not so much.

Also, I seem to remember "dalvik.vm.startheapsize 8m" as being problematic, but I don't remember where I saw it or why.

These were all(?) posted openly for others to use on other forums.

Reactions: mmarz

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been messing with this for 4 hours now, and still can't figure it out. Does anyone know how you call the scripts upon bootup? I looked at init.rc and it calls userinit.sh, which doesn't exist. You have to create that manually. So I make that file in the respected folder, and I rename afterboot.sh to userinit.sh. It's given me a bootloop two times. Any ideas?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been messing with this for 4 hours now, and still can't figure it out. Does anyone know how you call the scripts upon bootup? I looked at init.rc and it calls userinit.sh, which doesn't exist. You have to create that manually. So I make that file in the respected folder, and I rename afterboot.sh to userinit.sh. It's given me a bootloop two times. Any ideas?

With any mod, do a "hello world" test to begin with. Create a userinit.sh that just logs that it ran. If that gives you a boot loop, then you know it is not the contents of afterboot.sh that are causing it.

I personally couldn't find a good way to get the script to run at boot using the stock OS. If it runs too early, build.prop and init.thunderc.rc override it. I use Tasker to run it.

Reactions: Liquidplacidity

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I've tweaked this so much that I forget what exactly I've changed from the script posted above. Read the thread above for all the ins and outs of what the script is doing. Use Gscript to run the script manually, or automatically using Scheduled Scripting App - Scheduled Reboots, etc... Phone Prioritizer App - xda-developers

You only need to run this tweak script once after each reboot. If you want to measure the sd card performance increase, use https://market.android.com/details?id=ales.veluscek.sdtools before and after running the script.

Unrar the sqlite3 file and place it inside your /system/bin/ folder. Set the permissions so that it can be executed.

Enjoy!

I have the new aosp 2.3.3 rom and was wondering if this will make a difference? Also I am a bit new to this. What exactly do I need to get this to work? Unrar sqlite3 into the folder then do what? Can someone make some newbie instructions for me? thx:p

Reactions: loukvlav

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the new aosp 2.3.3 rom and was wondering if this will make a difference? Also I am a bit new to this. What exactly do I need to get this to work? Unrar sqlite3 into the folder then do what? Can someone make some newbie instructions for me? thx:p

Just download gscript from the market and use that to run the script once after each reboot. You should notice smoother scrolling and faster mirco sd card read and write speeds. You can use https://market.android.com/details?id=ales.veluscek.sdtools to measure the speed increase.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I linked to a program that will run it for you after a reboot in my first post, but you should test the script out using gscript before you commit to it running after each reboot.

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Unrar the sqlite3 file and place it inside your /system/bin/ folder. Set the permissions so that it can be executed.

Enjoy!

how do i set the permission so that it can be executed? what do i do?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are using adb shell, then:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
chmod 777 /system/bin/sqlite3

If you are using root explorer, mount rw -> long click sqlite3 -> permissions.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I linked to a program that will run it for you after a reboot in my first post, but you should test the script out using gscript before you commit to it running after each reboot.

I used Root Explorer to place the file in the bin folder then I ran Afterboot from my SDcard. It executed with no problem. I did notice a quicker response. I dont mind running it on every reboot. DO you think it's doing what it supposed to the way I have it?

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I know it is partially based on the class of sd card you use, but what read write speeds should I expect to see using the tweak?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54