TweetComb -- A Twitter client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow he updates fast! Here is the change log that came out a little while ago.

WHAT'S NEW

What's in this version:

1. - Can now retweet with edit.
2. - Can now copy a tweet to the system clipboard.
3. - Preference available to show real names in timelines.
4. - Removed feedback link from preferences (so I can submit to Amazon).
5. - "Mark as Spam" option for a tweet now available.
6. - BUG: Keyboard now capitalizes sentences appropriately.
7. - BUG: RT status should show picture of original user.
8. - BUG: Sound enable/disable is now working properly.

Reactions: zach_alt

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting that Blayze04. I was coming here to do just that. Additionally, I just pushed 1.2 which has these additional updates:

-- Profile tab provides a view of a user’s basic info, their recent tweets, and their publicly available favored tweets.
-- Profile search.
-- Follow/unfollow user from profile page.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased this app. Its constructed very nice. Good work on it. Now...........any plans to make one for FaceBook? :)

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
works great! Always happy to support an independant developer.

Would be nice if you could tap on the trending topics at the bottom to show search results for that topic, or to allow for searching of topics in general instead of just profiles.

anon(259366)

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The app looks great so far, the main thing that I would like to see here is the ability to customize the columns. I would like to be able to set one of my columns as one of my lists, as an example. Also, the ability to cycle through my various lists would also be great. Beyond that, I only have to echo the requests of a few other posts. That is, the bit.ly, twitpic, etc, and image previews. Keep up the good work, it's nice to see a dev that cares so much.

darmac

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
i bought tweet comb...great app. My only request is the ability to make the font larger. My old eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

Keep coming with the updates

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
i bought tweet comb...great app. My only request is the ability to make the font larger. My old eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

Keep coming with the updates
Absolutely. Me as well. Font size selection. Can go much bigger on a tablet ! That as well as a notification sound selection added.

Droid-Steve

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
How about a "more" button when you get to the bottom of your feed like the Twitter phone app has? There seems to be a limit on the number of tweets that can be displayed right now. Keep up the great work!

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the support and feedback everyone, I compile it all while thinking through new features and implementations. Keep it coming!

I just pushed version 1.3 which includes:

- Search tab.
-- Provides 3 fragments where you can set independent search queries.
-- Each fragment updates independently from the others.
-- Each fragment persists its search query between sessions of TweetComb.
-- Various types of searches are supported, such as hashtags (#TweetComb), keywords (TweetComb), and screen names (@chrisstewart).
-- Each fragment provides a way to erase the currently set search term, and allows you to enter a new one that is then kept.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the support and feedback everyone, i compile it all while thinking through new features and implementations. Keep it coming!

I just pushed version 1.3 which includes:

- search tab.
-- provides 3 fragments where you can set independent search queries.
-- each fragment updates independently from the others.
-- each fragment persists its search query between sessions of tweetcomb.
-- various types of searches are supported, such as hashtags (#tweetcomb), keywords (tweetcomb), and screen names (@chrisstewart).
-- each fragment provides a way to erase the currently set search term, and allows you to enter a new one that is then kept.

awesome sauce!

jdw3018

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Great app. In addition to other feedback, a couple more thoughts:

-Being able to maintain my place in my feed would be awesome, rather than having it move down when refreshing.

-when multiple accounts are enabled, an option for a unified feed would be nice.

-agree with previous feedback that the long press is a little cumbersome. Would prefer a slide-out menu or something on the tap. Plume currently handles this as well as anyone.

Keep up the good work! Love what you're doing!

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
TweetComb 1.4 is now available! It includes:

Release 1.4 - 4/29/11
-- Profile links are clickable.
-- Hash tag links are clickable.
-- Hyperlinks are clickable and display in a local preview. You can also choose to view in a browser on the tablet.
-- In-line picture previews are available for yfrog, plixi, and twitpic.
-- A button was added to each tweet for easier access to the options (reply, retweet, etc).
-- A button was added to each list fragment to take you to the top of the list immediately.
-- Trending topics are now clickable.

nrweaver

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
No they seemed to like it, they were using it, if you download video there is a short demo on it,
its at the beginning in case you don't want to watch it all

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Joanna Stern of thisismynext.com reviewed too. But, looks like she has high hopes.

She said on their podcast she will revise as updates roll out. I'd be in contact with her. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid