U.S. Note or U.K. Note

jorgelp80

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the US version but the battery life has note been great. LTE is a drainer and it's not even available where I live yet. Speed doesn't matter to me as I'm always on wifi at home and at work and hspa+ is plenty for me. The UK version has great battery life from what I've read and I think I like the idea of the physical home button. Now the US version does have NFC but I feel that's years away from being the norm. So what do you guys think. Stick with my American Note or purchase the UK version. I'm leaning towards getting the UK version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

jorgelp80

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply in the other thread. I know that Samsung's processor is a power house. I don't need LTE and I don't think that NFC is something that will make a big splash anytime soon. So I'm leaning big time towards the UK version. It's 300 plus more but it's off contract so I may just do it.

Anyone else with thoughts on this matter. I'm already down to 70% with moderate use and it's been off the charger since 7:30 this morning. With my atrix I wouldn't hit 70% till 5pm with moderate use.

skispeakeasy

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
The battery life isn't drastically different in thwarting UK version. Just go into your power saving settings and set 4G to turn off when you're near wifi and vise versa for wifi when you're out of the house.

daddybigas

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I think not having a physical home button sucks. I have the US version and wish I had a version with a physical button. LTE is fast but 3G is fast enough for me. Wish I could toggle 4G off and just use 3G to save battery.

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Anything with moving parts eventually wears out, including switches. That said. I still wish the US phone had a home switch, too.

trevmar

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought a German Galaxy Note from Amazon.com, primarily for travel.
After rooting, installing kernel LA4, and using Titanium Backup to 'freeze' the Music Hub, Readers Hub and the other utilities which use too much data bandwidth and CPU power, but keeping the TouchWiz user interface, my phone uses less than 1% of its battery per hour.

And that is while running GrooveIP on my office WiFi, waiting for calls. K9 is also running two email accounts, but only one of them is IMAP pushed, my phone's Gmail account.

The GSM radios draw power if you are in a very weak signal area, but still in the 1%-2% range.

With Network Location switched off (to reduce data usage so as to stay under a 10MB daily allowance) the battery usage doubles -- as something in the installed software seems to want to know location, even when the GPS is turned off.

So, with GPS on, Bluetooth on, WiFi on, K9 and GrooveIP (location on) I have to be satisfied with 1% drain per hour, about 18% per day. And if a few calls come in, they don't take much power either.

I use a Black wallpaper to save power with the Amoled display. And 3% brightness is all you need for the average office. (set brightness with Widgetsoid).

So I am a very, very, happy camper with my Galaxy Note N7000. The video camera eats up the battery though. Bummer :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samsum08