Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Downloading T-Mobile uodate...
50b930113a289c2f7d1231e1d6b99f49.jpg

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Checked manually for update this morning on my unlocked on T-Mobile and update was there. Downloaded and checking it out now.

Just surprised carriers got it a little earlier than unlocked.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got my update on my unlocked S23U. For anyone running hex, make sure you apply the default theme before you install the system update. I can't stress this enough! My phone wouldn't restart in normal mode. It did eventually start in system UI safe mode. Hex broke parts of my system UI. I tried to wipe my data from download mode and it failed that. So it restarted the phone and my status bar was gone as was my swipe gestures. The only way I could navigate my phone was through the app drawer and the back button.

I eventually was able to go back into hex and reapply the default theme and restart my phone and now it's all back to normal.

I'm assuming that the hex theme I was using isn't compatible with One UI 6.1.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The main feature I was looking forward to was the AOD full screen wallpaper. That is exclusive to S24. What a bummer.

Also, if you are like me and use the Samsung swipe up navigation gestures, 6.1 nukes that as well. I had to download the latest navstar apk from apkmirror and then you can enable it.

What a bust. Lol

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got my update on my unlocked S23U. For anyone running hex, make sure you apply the default theme before you install the system update. I can't stress this enough! My phone wouldn't restart in normal mode. It did eventually start in system UI safe mode. Hex broke parts of my system UI. I tried to wipe my data from download mode and it failed that. So it restarted the phone and my status bar was gone as was my swipe gestures. The only way I could navigate my phone was through the app drawer and the back button.

I eventually was able to go back into hex and reapply the default theme and restart my phone and now it's all back to normal.

I'm assuming that the hex theme I was using isn't compatible with One UI 6.1.
On hex installing a apk won't install on hex while on hex theme , only install if go to default theme, I reported to Hex Developer.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The main feature I was looking forward to was the AOD full screen wallpaper. That is exclusive to S24. What a bummer.

Also, if you are like me and use the Samsung swipe up navigation gestures, 6.1 nukes that as well. I had to download the latest navstar apk from apkmirror and then you can enable it.

What a bust. Lol
You can re enable the Samsung swipe gestures by installing good lock and using navstar.
59138da4f6cf758c7217ba811727847f.jpg

Reactions: Sammuel1973

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully Samsung will enable the full screen aod wallpapers eventually on S23 phones.

There's nothing really exciting about this update as usual. I tried out a couple of AI features. Summarize feature and spell check in Samsung Notes is kind of cool. But for the most part, I can't see myself ever using the AI features that much.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You can re enable the Samsung swipe gestures by installing good lock and using navstar.
59138da4f6cf758c7217ba811727847f.jpg
Yeah that's what I did. I already had good lock but navstar didn't have the option so I had to install the latest version from Apkmirror. There were no updates for navstar in Galaxy store so I had to get the APK. I don't think they will give us the full screen AOD wallpaper. I read something about how the screen on the S24 models is more advanced and is better equipped to handle it without burn in issues.

Edox

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi..Can you customize/edit the AOD after updating to ONE UI 6.1? It doesn't respond to me... it's not even in the GoodLock-LockStar module anymore....
9b4681194ac498ceb320a76f3ceefbba.jpg

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi..Can you customize/edit the AOD after updating to ONE UI 6.1? It doesn't respond to me... it's not even in the GoodLock-LockStar module anymore....
9b4681194ac498ceb320a76f3ceefbba.jpg
AOD customization is now listed under wallpaper. Long press on the home screen and click wallpaper and style. Once there, you will see the lock screen/AOD panel and you can modify the clock as well as what is available on the screen. One new thing is that now, AOD will autorotate with the main screen settings. (I had to disable my custom Tasker profile as there is no direct AOD portrait or landscape anymore). Now, the AOD and lock screen will pop on in whatever direction the phone is set for at the time the screen times out.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Nova Launcher for me seems more laggy on 6.1 on my S23U. Missed touches and noticeably slower responses after returning to the home screen from an app.