Unable to determine what this unknown lockscreen notification is

modawayo

Mar 18, 2021
Visit site
After the Android 11 update on my Samsung Galaxy S10 (UI 3?), I get this big green notification on my lockscreen that says "Content Hidden" with a big X in the middle. It never shows anything useful.

If I hold down the X and move it, it goes to the unlock screen with the fingerprint. After unlocking, nothing special shows, just my last app, and the latest notifications in the shade.

Content hidden.jpg

So... what is this, why did it suddenly start showing up, and how do I make it useful or shrink it or disable it so it's not taking up the whole screen at least?

modawayo

Mar 18, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I have calendar events and alarms etc... I know it's one of those things, but I think it also shows after a missed phone call or a voicemail.

So, I can check all my alarms and calendar events and notifications etc... and nothing needs to change there; it's exactly what I want. So, those aren't the issue.

The issue is that I can't tell what this thing is for, why it's showing "Content Hidden", or how to change any of its behavior (shrink it, get it to show what it's for, hide it, have it behave in a useful way). This means: I don't know where in settings to adjust this because I don't know what it is.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I have calendar events and alarms etc... I know it's one of those things, but I think it also shows after a missed phone call or a voicemail.

So, I can check all my alarms and calendar events and notifications etc... and nothing needs to change there; it's exactly what I want. So, those aren't the issue.

The issue is that I can't tell what this thing is for, why it's showing "Content Hidden", or how to change any of its behavior (shrink it, get it to show what it's for, hide it, have it behave in a useful way). This means: I don't know where in settings to adjust this because I don't know what it is.
It's your alarm , you drag the x downward to dismiss or long press the alarm app>tap info>notification>tap each category to take submenu then tap lockscreen don't show Screenshot_20210318-133846_Settings.jpg

modawayo

Mar 18, 2021
Visit site
How do you know it's my alarm? It seems to happen for other things too. If I drag the X it just shows the lockscreen. Do I have to drag downward to see what it's for?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How do you know it's my alarm? It seems to happen for other things too. If I drag the X it just shows the lockscreen. Do I have to drag downward to see what it's for?
Because I tested it and was same screen as yours

Last edited:

modawayo

Mar 18, 2021
Visit site
That's the Samsung Clock app... I haven't used that in over a year. Are you sure that's the only app that could be it?

Anyway, I haven't had the weird screen in a while, so I don't really know what caused it.

Regardless of what app it is, I'm not sure I understand your instructions the way they're written... I disable the notification for the lockscreen?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's the Samsung Clock app... I haven't used that in over a year. Are you sure that's the only app that could be it?

Anyway, I haven't had the weird screen in a while, so I don't really know what caused it.

Regardless of what app it is, I'm not sure I understand your instructions the way they're written... I disable the notification for the lockscreen?
This my screen just now , it's exactly like you posted , that comes from stock Samsung clock app .

Top is stock Samsung, bottom is Google on lock screenScreenshot_20210401-235604_Clock.jpgScreenshot_20210402-000004_Clock.jpg

modawayo

Mar 18, 2021
Visit site
Again, I haven't used the Samsung Clock app since I got the phone in Jan 2020 (I tried it and didn't like it). The Google Alarm screen you're showing looks like what mine does when the alarm goes off... and when I saw the other screen, an alarm wasn't going off, it just was on the lock screen when I woke it.

It's possible that after the Android 11 update, Samsung added an alarm to the app (feasible considering they reset a bunch of app settings, to my aggravation), and then the weird screen would show when a silent alarm was going... I don't know, I can't explain it all.

Regardless, I haven't seen the weird screen in a while, and I'm not ruling out that it could have applied to some other app, but thankfully it hasn't appeared to get in the way for a while.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Again, I haven't used the Samsung Clock app since I got the phone in Jan 2020 (I tried it and didn't like it). The Google Alarm screen you're showing looks like what mine does when the alarm goes off... and when I saw the other screen, an alarm wasn't going off, it just was on the lock screen when I woke it.

It's possible that after the Android 11 update, Samsung added an alarm to the app (feasible considering they reset a bunch of app settings, to my aggravation), and then the weird screen would show when a silent alarm was going... I don't know, I can't explain it all.

Regardless, I haven't seen the weird screen in a while, and I'm not ruling out that it could have applied to some other app, but thankfully it hasn't appeared to get in the way for a while.
Ok , at this point w can wait and see if it happens again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc