Unable to downgrade to ZVI from ZVK

tmcgrady1

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've been trying to downgrade my LG Viper to ZVI using the method here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ur-phone-back-factory-unbrick-your-phone.html

However, during the step that requires getting my phone in download mode, it enters the download screen and seems to just stay there. The backlight isn't on at all during this time so I think it just freezes. Because of this, I'm unable to use the Flashtool program to downgrade.

Is there an alternative way to downgrading my phone that doesn't require entering download mode? I've heard of people downgrading by naming a file "upgrade.zip" on an sd card and doing it that way. Is that possible?

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The back light doesn't come on in download mode ever. Try disconnecting the device after you hit go. It should then start.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using AC Forums mobile app

tmcgrady1

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I tried disconnecting the USB cable and re-plugging it like you suggested and it works now. The biggest thing for me was to know that the back light isn't supposed to come on. I expected it to either light up or for the arrows on the screen to move or something. Thanks a lot for re-assuring me that my phone was working fine and everything is going smoothly now.

It's weird that I do recall trying the re-plug method on an earlier attempt and it didn't seem to do anything. Regardless, I'm happy that I got it working. Thanks again!