Unable to paste text into Gmail on Android

gecko18000

Mar 12, 2022
Visit site
I am unable to paste URLs (or other text) into Gmail, running Android on a Google Pixel 4a 5G. I copy the text, then go to the body of the email and click paste. I get the notification 'Gmail pasted from your clipboard' but nothing appears. I have tried highlighting a word in the body of the email and then hitting paste, but that doesn't work either.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'm having no problem on my 6 Pro. Try clearing the app cache for Gboard and for Gmail in Settings>Apps​, then try again.

gecko18000

Mar 12, 2022
Visit site
This hasn't fixed the issue unfortunately. I also uninstalled / reinstalled the keyboards. I definitely think it's an issue with Gmail rather than any anything else, as I am able to copy-paste elsewhere. So perhaps I need to post on the Google support forums. Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This hasn't fixed the issue unfortunately. I also uninstalled / reinstalled the keyboards. I definitely think it's an issue with Gmail rather than any anything else, as I am able to copy-paste elsewhere. So perhaps I need to post on the Google support forums. Thanks
Uninstall the update to Gmail , see if the previous version works and don't let play store auto update it.

To do this long press Gmail icon then tap info>3 dots upper right corner tap and uninstall the update.

See if that works