Unable to root my Samsung Note 3.

Alex Yee KK

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
I tried to root my Samsung Note 3 phone with Odin and this cf-auto root file - CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip. Unfortunately, it failed. I was getting this error message - Fail (Auth) on Odin Log. May i know what does it mean? Is it some kind of authentication failure? How to fix it? In fact, i want to install TWRP on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Before I can do that, the device needs to be rooted.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you unlocked the boot loader? Most, if not all, versions if the Note 3 shipped with a locked boot loader. I think that needs to be unlocked before you can root or flash anything to the device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!
The Note 3 is old so probably best bet is XDA forums and follow your device model number and tutors there in the archives

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the Note 3 Rooting forum for more specific traffic.

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I tried to root my Samsung Note 3 phone with Odin and this cf-auto root file - CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip. Unfortunately, it failed. I was getting this error message - Fail (Auth) on Odin Log. May i know what does it mean? Is it some kind of authentication failure? How to fix it? In fact, i want to install TWRP on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Before I can do that, the device needs to be rooted.
What's the model number of your device?

Alex Yee KK

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
In fact, i want to upgrade the Android version from 5.0 to higher version as one of the APP that developed by government must run on Android 5.1 and above. This application is developed by the Government of Malaysia to assist in managing the COVID-19 outbreaks in the country. It allows users to perform health self-assessment on themselves and their family members, monitor their health progress throughout the COVID-19 outbreak. I couldn't use this app with Android 5.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In fact, i want to upgrade the Android version from 5.0 to higher version as one of the APP that developed by government must run on Android 5.1 and above. This application is developed by the Government of Malaysia to assist in managing the COVID-19 outbreaks in the country. It allows users to perform health self-assessment on themselves and their family members, monitor their health progress throughout the COVID-19 outbreak. I couldn't use this app with Android 5.
Rooting it will cause it to be more unsafe then it already is from running outdated Andriod version , not sure you would want that using government information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello