Underwater Video Taken with my Turbo

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I just returned from a 5 day cruise in the Bahamas. One of our outings included snorkeling off the shore of a small Island. I took some footage with an underwater camera (kind of a variation of a Go Camera) and the video wasn't near as good as the Turbo, even though the Turbo was encased in a cheap $25 plastic protector (link below). I didn't use the default camera app. Instead I used the "A Better Camera" app with all default settings.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4547142
WaterCase.JPG

The video is 16 minutes long (sorry, that's kind of long). I did try to make it a little more interesting by including subtitles and background music. This is my first time editing video, posting you tube, and even snorkeling, so what you see is what you get.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Now how cool is this underwater video! I'm also liking that soundtrack.

Thank you for sharing. :cool:
Thanks. I think the sound track matched up very well also. At first I was looking for something classical, and google searches for "underwater classical", "nautical classical", then "relaxing", etc. I finally found this one searching through Prime music in a collection of relaxing music, and not only was the sound what I was looking for, I didn't have to loop it because the track was already 19 minutes long.

Nicely done. The video quality is very clear, as was the water.
Thanks. It was a major pain to actually "start" the video, because I waited until I was in the water. The water-proof case was persnickety about touch presses anyway, but would not respond to touch under water at all, so I had to set it up treading water, and that was made more difficult by the direct sunlight. Finally got it going though!

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I love taking underwater videos with my lifeproof case, the turbo takes very good underwater videos!
I was going to buy a Lifeproof just for this purpose, but just couldn't quite make myself spend the money for a one time use. The $25 I spent was a bargain for my needs, and did it's job well (protected my phone).