Ungodly Memory Leak!!!

LxiMax

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've had this phone since February and had zero issues with it. Ever since the JB update, I've had random massive memory leaks. Currenty, my phone is showing almost 650MB used with maybe 30MB free. The kicker is that nothing is running. Everything just keeps restarting. The phone is lagging the eff out too when it happens. I've attached a screenshot. Anybody else have this issue or know what could cause this???

EDIT: Just shut it off to clear the memory out and almost thought it was bricked. Took an abnormally long amount of time to come off the Google screen...

Screenshot_2012-10-04-18-52-24.png

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
it is known that JB seems to use more memory than ICS did....but i havent seen it that bad. i rebooted this AM and opened up 1 app (tune in radio) and i am currently at 353 used 339 free. but it is normal to see around 100mb free at the end of the day.

as for your reboot, did you just pull the battery, or did you actually shut it down and restart. it is also known that JB has introduced some memory checks or something like that. if the phone doesn't shut down normal (through the power down menu) it has to run these checks to make sure nothing got corrupted in the "bad shutdown" thus taking longer at the google screen.

my only suggestion is to factory reset. like i said, JB seems to use more memory for whatever reason, but after a reboot, anything under 200free is not normal. and i have never seen it get down below 100mb ever.

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that sounds very odd. I assume you've not installed any new apps around the same time as JB that could be an issue? How about cached processes? Anything unusual or suspicious looking there (hit the "Show Cached Processes" at the upper right on your screenshot)? I assume you've tried powering off, pulling the battery and unseeding the SIM, waiting a couple of minutes, putting everything back and restarting? The only other thing I'd suggest is to go through the various settings of the various apps running and see if there are any settings which may use up a lot of memory?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali