Unknown icon

Thb91

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting a strange icon on the notification bar. It looks like a satellite dish with a few waves coming from it. It's not a symbol I've seen before on any phone. I've a screen grab but don't know how to attach it using th AC app! Anyone have any ideas what it might be

Posted via Android Central App

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You didn't grant access to the photo. I think I know what you're talking about but I can't be sure.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting a strange icon on the notification bar. It looks like a satellite dish with a few waves coming from it. It's not a symbol I've seen before on any phone. I've a screen grab but don't know how to attach it using th AC app! Anyone have any ideas what it might be

It means your GPS is transmitting

Thb91

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
2r73242.jpg
sorry guys. Try that link.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't really matter whether we can see the picture or not, the answer to your question is GPS. There are two different GPS icons in the notification bar. The one you're referring to is displayed when the phone is actively obtaining and using a GPS fix. The other one, the persistent one that looks like a compass, shows to let you know whether GPS is on or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz