unknown notification sound

Monserrath Rios

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I am having a notification sound from time to time, without any of kind understanding where it comes from. Any idea of how can i discovery the origin of it?

Many thanks...

go to ur settings click on sound and vibration. chose volume .then media move all the way to the left that will turn it off.

Jeannie1

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
S8+
1. Go to settings
2 go to sounds and vibrations
3. Go down and click notification sounds
4. Go to default notification sound and click silent

Nader Ibrahim

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I was going crazy too because I started to have this crazy notification teasing me very often, so I found a good tip on you tube... Go to accessibility and disable notification reminder.. This should be sufficient to bring you some peace

luiscabrejo

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
By the way, I got the same anoying sound, I tryed all your tips, didnt work. Then a couple hours ago, my cell borders turn red, notifying me the memory was getting full. So I erase all my pictures and videos of my camera storage. The borders turn back to normal and sound stopped. I guess is a feature to remind you the storage is getting full. There is no setting, I could find it thru your instructions. But finally my cell stop making those noises. I had to turn off all sounds in order to shut my phone up. Even the ring sound. Missed a lot of calls, but phone keep vibrating. Awful but finally solved. Finally, Cheers... My cell is a Huawei Y5 lite 2018 CAG-L23 with android 8.1

Last edited:

taylormlack

Aug 24, 2023
Visit site
I'm gonna take a guess and say it's the Over The Horizon ringtone that plays for about 5 minutes for no reason at random times every day or so?

Samsung has has this issue since at least 2015 from what I've seen and still haven't addressed it whatsoever, despite hundreds of complaints and help requests. my phone has been doing it for months + freezing and restarting like 10× a day also. im solving this issue by never buying issue Samsung product ever again lol every single phone I've had the past 8 years from them has lasted about a year, maybe 2 if im lucky, before malfunctioning at no fault of my own. I've had phones at ¼ the cost last 3× as long with lower range specs that have massively outperformed & outlasted all the Sammy devices I've owned since the A32 (…but now that I'm remembering, that phone was also rendered useless after >2 years from the black screen of death 😮‍💨) Samsung has been bottom-barrel bs for years now.

taylormlack

Aug 24, 2023
Visit site
I had the same thing...if you have Google Voice installed, and an active Google Voice Phone number, check to see if you are getting a call at that time. I have and I am. My GV number is forwarded to my wife/business partner while I am on client site, as it is the one I give out on my Resume, and I don't want to field calls from recruiters while on client site. It just happened to me, and sure enough, a call came in at that time. It is a strange "ring tone" like sound. I haven't investigated silencing it, but since there are no icons or popups, it is a rather useless notification on a Tablet. If I happen to have my BT headset connected to the tablet, I might actually be able to answer the call...I'll have to try that one of these days.
it's the Over The Horizon default ringtone. and it's crazy annoying. been happening to me for months