Unlocked Note 9 on Xfinity Mobile?

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Can an Unlocked Samsung Note 9 be used with an Xfinity Mobile account?

My wife's current contract with AT&T runs out in less than a year.

I am currently with Sprint.

I am currently saving up to buy a Note 9 and I am planning on getting an Unlocked Note 9 so I can easily move carriers once my wife and I decide on a carrier when her current contract ends.

If I get the Samsung Note 9 before my wife's contract expires, I am planning on putting the new Note 9 my my current Sprint account, and then either staying with Sprint, if my wife and I decide to go with Sprint, or move to a different carrier if that is the decision.

I already know that the Unlocked Samsung Note 9 can be used on the Major Carriers (Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile). Additionally I do know Xfinity Mobile uses Verizon and that the Unlocked Samsung Note 9 is capable of using the Verizon signal, however, I don't know if Xfinity Mobile allows Unlocked phones.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
that's a good question as the unlocked models do work on all 4 carriers, but would they allow you to bring a unlocked phone to use . hopefully someone is on Xfinity and answer that if not you can always call them.

harlenm#AC

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
From their website
eecc6961276c8326e8553b207b79db45.jpg

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
If you have an active Xfinity sim card just swap it over and go. If not, if you have an old iPhone use it to set up your account then swap the SIM over to the Android. that's what I did. works fine. only drawback is no support from them if you have connection issues.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I'll give my sister a ring today. She has Xfinity and 3 phones through them. Maybe she'll know. She does love her Verizon service through them, I can tell you that.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Can an Unlocked Samsung Note 9 be used with an Xfinity Mobile account?

My wife's current contract with AT&T runs out in less than a year.

I am currently with Sprint.

I am currently saving up to buy a Note 9 and I am planning on getting an Unlocked Note 9 so I can easily move carriers once my wife and I decide on a carrier when her current contract ends.

If I get the Samsung Note 9 before my wife's contract expires, I am planning on putting the new Note 9 my my current Sprint account, and then either staying with Sprint, if my wife and I decide to go with Sprint, or move to a different carrier if that is the decision.

I already know that the Unlocked Samsung Note 9 can be used on the Major Carriers (Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile). Additionally I do know Xfinity Mobile uses Verizon and that the Unlocked Samsung Note 9 is capable of using the Verizon signal, however, I don't know if Xfinity Mobile allows Unlocked phones.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Iphones are the only phones Xfinity can activate as long as they are unlocked and have been unlocked from another carrier as well. Also you would have to have had the phone inspected at one of their locations first upon doing so.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I even used an unlocked BlackBerry Keyone on Xfinity with no issues. I just moved the sim card and restored from my Google backup. Used that phone on Xfinity for almost a year. I never had any issues.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have Xfinity/Comcast for our TVs and home phone. No way in hell I'd use their cell service based on how crappy their other services are.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I have Xfinity/Comcast for our TVs and home phone. No way in hell I'd use their cell service based on how crappy their other services are.

I feel your pain but since they run on Verizons network there's not much other than billing they can screw up.
I use almost no data to speak of. I was paying Verizon $44.00 / month for a 2 gig plan which I never used. Switched to Xfinity and their per gig deal and my cell bill dropped to $11.00/ month. I can't complain.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Things have changed now with Xfinity. They only can do iPhones now.
My sister has them, and I called as well and was told the same information from Xfinity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherrymae34