Unlocked S7 Edge won't update software

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So i got my Verizon s7 edge unlocked at a cell phone shop So i could use it with AT&T, and everything works fine but the update. When I try to get it to update to android 7.0 it says network unavailable. So then I tried through wifi and it says that it's temporarily unavailable to update but it stays like that... What can i do to update it ?

srs27a

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
Hmm... To me it sounds like that your carrier Verizon needs a conformation code for your network switch. And because of this Verizon denied you network access. But I am not very sure. I will need a bit more information. Tell me, can you browse the internet just fine on it? And/Or does hotspot work just fine on your device?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T model of every phone I have ever owned needs to be connected to the AT&T cell network to be updated. The update itself is downloaded over WiFi usually, but the updates can only be offered to the phone over the AT&T network. I have a couple of slightly older phones that I have to move my active AT&T SIM to in order to keep them up to date.

I'd be willing to bet that Verizon is the same way.

Know of someone with a Verizon SIM you can borrow?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a local Verizon store, or Samsung kiosk in a store? I think either one of them would probably be willing to hook it up to Verizon long enough to get the latest upgrades in, or flash it for you. Just make sure you are clear on whether they are doing an upgrade or a "full flash" which means they will end up factory resetting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana