Upcoming Moto/Google Phones

arcoms

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Even if they unlocked the bootloader, their skin is pretty close to stock but they lock and encrypt their devices which really limits the Dev interest

It makes me wonder though how much of that is Motorola's decision and how much of it is Verizon. Honestly, Verizon is the Apple of the network providers; they have a great product but they think they should have total control of every aspect of the consumer experience. It happens with lots of their devices not just Motorola ones (I'm pretty sure there was a big fuss about a recent Samsung phone having to release a "developer" edition because Verizon demanded that it have a locked and encrypted bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't see Google doing anything with Motorola in the near future. They were bought for their patents, the company that came along with them was probably an afterthought.

If they did, it would show favoritism. I am sure that moto has to go through the same bid process to make nexus phones as everyone else. Compliance issues could arise if not. Moto may have even avoided making the Nexus. Just because Google owns them, does not mean they try to control them at all. Still 2 completely separate companies.

Plus moto has not come up with something more than mediocre in what, 2 years now? Everything they put out is on par with or under everything else. What was the last thing they did that pushed the envelope? Put a fat batter in a phone? Lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW