Update 5.9.901?

Snipe_AT

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
This just came through on the twitstream:
Brian Jolly @bkjolly:
People Do Not except the Ota we will have a prerooted solution for you soon.
Retweeted by David Hacker

I'd say this should only apply to those of you concerned about rooting but I'm posting it here just in case..

F yes. Crossing my fingers.

rduckwor

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update 5.9.901???

This just came through on the twitstream:
Brian Jolly @bkjolly:
People Do Not except the Ota we will have a prerooted solution for you soon.
Retweeted by David Hacker

I'd say this should only apply to those of you concerned about rooting but I'm posting it here just in case..

Where?

Which forum??

Thanks,

RMD

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Sure thing.... How I do that?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If you have the prompt to download it, just tell it to download but do not install it. Instead look in your /cache directory and save off the files in there by copying them. That would be wonderful if you could do that. Thanks!

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Where?

Which forum??

Thanks,

RMD

Twitter - Link to BKJollys twitter account that posted the above.

He doesn't mention the Bionic anywhere so I don't know if we can say for sure he is talking about the mysterious Bionic update or the RAZR maintenance update...

looking at his previous tweets, he was talking about the RAZR update right before his last so I doubt he is referring to the Bionic in that tweet... I suppose it's still possible though.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Where?

Which forum??

Thanks,

RMD

It was on twitter. Not up anywhere that I can see yet, when they say "soon" they could mean anything from an hour to a couple days or a week... can't say anything. I'll keep my eyes and ears open and post back anything I hear. But for now I'm hittin the hay, buenos noches :)

Reactions: SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Sorry... Hit reply instead of quote. How do I copy from cache?

Don't worry, I knew who you were and what you meant. :D See my response above. Any file explorer app should be able to copy them off from /cache if you've allowed it to download and then say "install later".

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Twitter - Link to BKJollys twitter account that posted the above.

He doesn't mention the Bionic anywhere so I don't know if we can say for sure he is talking about the mysterious Bionic update or the RAZR maintenance update...

looking at his previous tweets, he was talking about the RAZR update right before his last so I doubt he is referring to the Bionic in that tweet... I suppose it's still possible though.

Crap. You're right, my bad guys. dhacker just confirmed to me on twitter that it was regarding the razr.. sorry all I didn't mean to pass on irrelevant news, didn't realize the razr was getting an OTA as well.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Crap. You're right, my bad guys. dhacker just confirmed to me on twitter that it was regarding the razr.. sorry all I didn't mean to pass on irrelevant news, didn't realize the razr was getting an OTA as well.

Stupid Razr...

rduckwor

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Makes sense. Same systems basically.

RMD

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
/cache is empty. The message i got said the update was downloaded and was waiting for me to install. Any ideas where else it could be?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

/cache is empty. The message i got said the update was downloaded and was waiting for me to install. Any ideas where else it could be?

That's where it should be. SIGH. Any chance you can do a search for "Blur*.zip" and see if you can find it that way?

Reactions: rpscott02

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

It'd be something like this:

Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

Although I'm guessing it'd say 5.9.901 instead of 5.5.893.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

ARGH! I was just told you have to be rooted to be able to pull it from the cache dir. :( I don't suppose you're rooted?

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
ARGH! I was just told you have to be rooted to be able to pull it from the cache dir. :( I don't suppose you're rooted?

Nope, not rooted. I did search anyway but to no avail. I'll wait a while but sounds like I'm not going to be able to help :-(

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Nope, not rooted. I did search anyway but to no avail. I'll wait a while but sounds like I'm not going to be able to help :-(

Darn. That's ok. Thank you for trying. The attempt is highly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky