Update error 410

Needkeys

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Strange situation. Downloaded and “installed” latest update this morning (Verizon S21). At the end of the “installation”, I got an error code 410 - “Update Unsuccessful…Failed”. There wasn’t anything unusual about the installation except for the phone getting hung up for a bit longer than normal during the “updating apps” part. My phone seems to work fine. Under “About Phone…software information”, it says One UI version 4.1, and Android 12. Under Security Patch Level it says 3/1/22. If I do a “check for software updates”, it says I’m up to date.

So I have the error about the failed update but everything looks and works fine (so far). I’m obviously not factory resetting the phone, but any suggestions on how to get rid of the error code? Should I just wait for the next patch and assume this will go away then?

Thanks.

Jell Lee

May 27, 2021
Visit site
Go to About phone > Software information > Build number (last 4 digits) what is it?
that's the software version that the phone is running.
If it really is OneUI4.1 then it should read something like CVC(#)

just to be safe I would suggest you go to Recovery Mode then clear cache partition for the whole phone and reboot normally.

Needkeys

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Last 4 on the build # are CVC4. I had cleared cache partition before in recovery mode, but will try again. I basically always clear cache partition after every update…

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Just in case this was what happened......

After the update and the phone reboots, there is still an ongoing notification while it completes the update. There is a brief few seconds between the notification going away, and the pop up message that says it completed successfully.

If you cleared the cache partition before it finished installing the update after the reboot (Before that pop up), you will get that error. I learned that from the same mistake as I cleared the system cache after the notification went away but before the pop up saying it was successful. After wiping the cache and booting, I got that error.

Since you got the error, you should also go into settings, apps, enable system apps in the filter, and then clear cache AND DATA on "System Update" and both of the "Software Update" apps. (This was done by the samsung techs that reinstalled the update for me. They told me I could do this and then reinstall the update using smart switch). That should prevent any issues on receiving future updates.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos