Upgrading to Gen 2, have some questions and need help.

MasturB

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

My Gen 1 Moto360 finally gave out and I was fortunate to have a Best Buy Geek Squad warranty. But since they didn't offer Gen 1's anymore, I upgraded to get a Gen 2.

My Gen 1 lasted over a year and some change, and I switched out the Stone Grey leather band (before they ever offered stainless), with a Pebble Stainless Steel Band on Day 1 when I bought the watch.
I ended up upgrading and ordering a 46mm stainless steel, paid extra to get it.
The 46mm stainless steel feels extremely bulky and heavy on my hand. The band itself is much heavier than the Pebble Stainless band I had on there since Day 1.

I'm not satisfied with it, and I am considering two options:
1) Go down to 42mm watch.
2) Go down to 42mm Women's Stainless Steel
Now, I'm not sure if the 42mm M360 has a smaller band than the 46mm. I know the Women's 42mm has a smaller band than the Men's. Have any of you gentlemen tried the Women's band since it's not as wide or heavy?
I'm trying to go with something less weight (I wore my Gen 1 watch a lot for fitness and sports and it wasn't heavy at all. But 3 days with the Gen 2 46mm and I notice it a lot).

Should I go down to 42mm Men's, or 42mm Women's? I'm assuming the Gen 1 was 42mm screen, as when I downloaded Facer for my new 46, and installed my old watch faces they wouldn't fit on the 46.
Screen size isn't the #1 issue for me. I typically don't even use it for all the glitz and glamour. I actually turn off bluetooth and leave it in airport mode and use it mainly for clock, stopwatch, timer, alarm, etc. I don't use all the other apps. I generally can get 2-3 days of use on 1 charge, definitely less than a day if I use bluetooth and apps.

Also, I'm considering going to Black Stainless. I know there isn't a Women's Stainless Black available, but when I return my 46mm Stainless Silver, I am considering going down to maybe 42mm Black Stainless Men's.

bart1967

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I was an early adopter of the gen1 360 with metal band (silver) and acquired a men's 42mm gen2 with leather band (black) just three days ago (my gen1 is still going strong so I plan to keep using both). I've been researching bands since I got the new one, so I can report that the 46mm men's uses 22mm band, just like the gen1, the 42mm men's uses a 20mm band, and the 42mm women's uses a 16mm band. Presumably the men's and women's versions have lugs at different widths, so there'd be no putting a women's band on a men's version, even though both are 42mm.

My gen2 leather is MUCH lighter than my gen1 metal, almost to the point of feeling like a child's toy, though how much of the difference is due to the band and how much to the smaller size (42mm vs 46), I'm not sure. Overall I like the 42mm better than the 46, though I actually like the wider band on the 46 better. I think the 16mm band from the women's version would just be too narrow for me aesthetically, though of course your opinion may differ. Also some people have noted the 46mm gen2 has a larger battery than the 42. But I just ended my second day since charging my 42 with 58% left, so I'm finding the 42's battery to be quite adequate.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm actually about to order the 46mm stainless with stainless bracelet. I like a larger watch but I saw this post and now wonder. Overall, how do you guys like the performance of the 2nd gen?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the 42 mm Moto 2nd Gen about 3 months ago and I love it. Works great and reliably with my Samsung S7 phone. I was worried about battery life, but I can go about 1.5 days on a charge (takes about 1 hour to charge up to 100% from 25% charge.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The original 360 is the same 46mm as the larger new one, except it's got a bigger battery, and better internals.

The new 360 is pretty darned good, and works effortlessly. For reference, I also own the Huawei Watch, and it's an experience in frustration relative to the new 360.

bart1967

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought the performance on my original 360 was perfectly adequate, though it would show some lag from time to time. My 2nd gen is noticeably smoother still. I don't notice any lag at all, and really can't imagine needing any more CPU power than it has. The tilt to wake feature seems to activate more quickly on the 2nd gen too, which is nice. Interestingly, the heart rate monitor seemed better on the original, though my 2nd gen is a refurb, so that may just be my unit. The 2nd gen wants to tell me I'm at 54bpm, regardless of what activity I'm doing, at least for the first 30 sec or so, than it will give me something more realistic. I don't use it as a fitness device, so I don't really care about that.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
To the original poster. The 42mm men's is what you should get if you don't like the 46mm. 46mm lug size is 22mm. 42mm lug size is 20mm. You go smaller than 20mm on a 42mm watch it will look unbalanced in a huge way. Believe me!.. I'm a high end automatic watch collector and most of my watches are 42mm to 45mm in size. None have anything less than a 20mm lug which I prefer 22mm lugs far more for case to band balance. Here's a couple of pics of my 46mm 22mm lug 360 2nd Gen. My wrist is right at 7 inches or just under. My thoughts to this pretty good looking smart watch is that it's easier to navigate by touch with the 46mm. Although you think it looks big, in truth it doesn't wear anything like a true 46mm from my experience of watch collecting for many years. Like I said, most of my watches were at least 44mm and they had 22mm lugs. If you get the 42mm, definitely get the men's 20mm lug!!! 1471735528811.jpg1471735557989.jpg1471735605878.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco23