US launch Friday, Nov 11?

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to pass on my information. I went into a Best Buy Mobile store today and was speaking with the employee about the Gear S2 and S3. I asked if they had an S2 I could see and, to my surprise, he pulled a box out of the store room and opened it up for me to check out, though obviously uncharged. When I started asking about the S3 (specifically Frontier) he began typing into his computer and said they were up for preorder and that they would be available in store Friday, Nov 11. This supposed me but he verified it and said that the main Best Buy stores will have them Friday, but not the mobile stores. He went on to say that if they did not have a display model out, they would pull one out of the box for me to look at, though I'm going to say it will be uncharged.

Anyway, that's what I was told, not sure that I believe him, but I'm hopeful, but I wanted to pass it along in case. Anyway, it's enough to me to get there at open on Friday to find out. Hope he was accurate! And sorry if this is common knowledge, but I didn't see a post about it and thought it was supposed to come out later.

srz1977

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I went to a large Best Buy store in Dallas, TX and they told me they will not have any S3's on Friday.

Samsung has told them they don't know when it will be out due to supply constraints.

He also said they don't know when it is shipping. I may go Thursday night just to check again and make them look it up in inventory.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that in another thread, that Best Buy was dating they are delayed, I may don't know why the guy that helped me wouldn't have seen that in the system.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This would be surprising considering even Samsung's own release date is the 18th on their own site. Would be interesting to see a retailer sell it before they do. Anyhow, I'll be picking up one as soon as it's available. Between best buy, Amazon and Macy's it won't be hard getting one.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just left my local best buy and the Samsung rep said they won't have any until the 18th and won't even have display models until the 15th. I guess we will see.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Glad I'm buying mine from a carrier if that's actually true. Maybe it's the classic that won't be available immediately. I think that's how it was last year.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
They're really manipulating the market, cynically, for this thing. On the heels of the Note7 adventure I'd have expected their tone to be more accommodating or conciliatory. Verizon, my carrier, is treating this as above top secret while AT&T flaunts theirs like a streetwalker (pre-order of course). I chastise myself for ever wanting to get this.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Received a $50 ecoupon from Samsung for the Note 7 fiasco. Decided to cancel my Amazon pre-order and order from Samsung.com to save $50. Hit the pre-order button and saw "Ships in 1 to 3 business days". CC was charged immediately. My order page states "Preparing Order for Shipment". I don't really believe or trust this, but see below. Not holding my breath.

S3 Order.jpg

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Received a $50 ecoupon from Samsung for the Note 7 fiasco. Decided to cancel my Amazon pre-order and order from Samsung.com to save $50. Hit the pre-order button and saw "Ships in 1 to 3 business days". CC was charged immediately. My order page states "Preparing Order for Shipment". I don't really believe or trust this, but see below. Not holding my breath.

View attachment 245945
Thats interesting because a couple days ago on Samsung site it said they were shipping after the 18th. So its been a change somewhere. Hmmmmm.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Went to Best Buy and there were no Gear S3 watches on display. Looks like the Best Buy ad was printed wrong.

The Samsung guy said the preorder sale begins on the 11th, not the actual sale.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So I went to Best Buy on the 11th and no S3. I asked an employee and he basically said they have no idea when they'll have them. He said it's been delayed and might not be out until December and January. All in all, I decided to go with the S2. I think the S3 Frontier will be too big for me, and the whole unknown release date is frustrating, but also, I'm not sure that I trust anything new from Samsung at the moment.

Whenever someone has or sees one though, let me know, just curious!

Donhilla, any updates?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhesslim0130