USB device not recognized

jbautista83

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I charge my phone via usb cable directly onto my computer sometimes, and every now and then I get a "USB device not recognized" error message. It is hit and miss, and I'm not exactly sure why. Does anyone have the same thing happen to them?

jdale2000

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem - i even installed new Samsung usb driver - and on wont work on at least 3 computers

Any help? Thanks

My son has a s2 and went on my computers with no problem - - ie something with the phone

Last edited:

jdale2000

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
So I guess us 2 are the only ones having this problem... I just tried a XP with latest Samsung driver installed and it doesnt reconize the usb. I guess I will have to go to ATT and have them take a look at it!:-\

robert n

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Try this...it worked for me...Except I started getting this all of the sudden and Every single time I would connect to my PC.

I read this solution on the internet but did not think it would work...but I took 2 minutes and tried it and it worked! give it a try..you only have to lose 2 minutes...

1. hold your phone and look at the micro USB connector on the bottom edge of your Skyrocket

2. you will see a "tongue" inside the USB port.

3. put something "non metalic" (I used a flat wooden toothpick). Gently, lift up the "tongue"..
I used a twirling motion on my toothpick to raise the tongue up a little bit. Don't Go PRYING it up...just be gentle because you don't want to break your toothpick inside the phone or break the Tongue.

I did this and now I do not get the "USB device is not recognized". Give it a try and post here if it worked for you. Spread the word if it does.

Good Luck!