USB tethering & mobile hotspot disabled by recent Android patch updates

medusa193

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
My Moto G Power (XT2041-6) uses Android 11 via Consumer Cellular, which resells ATT service. I just yesterday [25 Jan 22] downloaded and installed the latest Android security and Google Play System updates dated December 1, 2021 (Software Version RPMS31.Q1-54-13.3-7).

Immediately thereafter, my mobile hotspot and USB tethering functions would not work. They are my only means of connecting to the Internet with my laptop and desktop. (I can still access the Web with the phone, however.)

Three Consumer Cellular reps had no solution other than a factory reset. I'm searching the Web with a borrowed WiFi connection but cannot yet find a fix.

If you can recommend any source of information that might help me restore these functions, please do. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you give more details about how it's not working? Are you able to set up hotspot in the first place, or does it tell you it's not available? Or are you able to set it up, but when you connect a device to the hotspot, it doesn't get a web connection?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej