Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - What have you noticed about 4.3?

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: What have you noticed about 4.3?

Is this not still valid?

Mobile hotspots for all: Verizon settles with FCC for $1.25M, must allow tethering apps | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Devindra Hardawar

Why is Verizon blocking my free Hotspot capability? Maybe they need hit with another fine to remove few million $$$ from their pocket!

Posted via Android Central App

It is valid and they appear to be working within the framework of the agreement with the FCC. In specific, Verizon was prevented from BLOCKING these apps from running but were still allowed charge customers on unlimited data plans for their use. That is why you see the provision check when you start these up; Verizon is checking to see if your account has this feature and if it does it will allow the app to continue.

We can expect them to continue to get more effective at detecting these apps as time goes on in an effort to prevent their customer base with unlimited data from using their plan in a way that is not consistent with the TOS. Of course for people on metered data plans the hot spot feature is enabled by default and there is no issue.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Just went 4,3 and checked foxfi.... Working fine on mine. Noticed Blocking Mode has been added in settings. Before update I had to use Quickshortcutmaker to access it.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk
Anyone else? This is the only post I have seen where someone had the update and foxfi wifi tethering still worked. Which version of foxfi are you use?

reverendjj#AC

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

As I said earlier in this thread, I did successfully connect my tablet with Bluetooth, that will give me what I need, without the hotspot. I don't need more than one connection.

Tried this as well and it's not working

Jay Sloan

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

It is valid and they appear to be working within the framework of the agreement with the FCC. In specific, Verizon was prevented from BLOCKING these apps from running but were still allowed charge customers on unlimited data plans for their use. That is why you see the provision check when you start these up; Verizon is checking to see if your account has this feature and if it does it will allow the app to continue.

We can expect them to continue to get more effective at detecting these apps as time goes on in an effort to prevent their customer base with unlimited data from using their plan in a way that is not consistent with the TOS. Of course for people on metered data plans the hot spot feature is enabled by default and there is no issue.

I'm not on an unlimited plan, I have a 2gb per month plan. So it sounds like they are in violation of the FCC ruling. Is there anyone out there with a limited data plan that can confirm or deny that FoxFi works?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

I'm not on an unlimited plan, I have a 2gb per month plan. So it sounds like they are in violation of the FCC ruling. Is there anyone out there with a limited data plan that can confirm or deny that FoxFi works?

Did you call Verizon and ask them about it?

MKita

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

My battery seriously dies so fast now its insane. I go from 100 to 70% like its nothing. If I use Chrome I lost 20% in about 25 mins or less.

LAKingsDru

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed that my phone is do damn laggy now. Opening apps, closing apps, scrolling screens etc. So frustrating

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Cubanito

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the update I have noticed my wifi constantly dropping and coming back. Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the update I have noticed my wifi constantly dropping and coming back. Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?

Yep! If you haven't already, delete all of your wifi connection profiles and create them again (assuming you didn't do a factory reset post-upgrade). This completely resolved this issue for me.

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone experienced that if you're on WiFi you tried to send pictures through Gmail and it won't ever send? Or any attachments?..it'd been so frustrating for me.. I tried switching off WiFi for some moments and ta-da it worked.. Weird.. (I'm using my parents' WiFi at the moment because I'm here for Christmas vacation and this is only temporary stay, and I'm sure the WiFi works just fine) I just don't understand why it won't work on WiFi.. I also posted on another thread about text messages that if anyone noticed, that you cannot maybe "no longer" try and send pictures via text messages?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone experienced that if you're on WiFi you tried to send pictures through Gmail and it won't ever send? Or any attachments?..it'd been so frustrating for me.. I tried switching off WiFi for some moments and ta-da it worked.. Weird.. (I'm using my parents' WiFi at the moment because I'm here for Christmas vacation and this is only temporary stay, and I'm sure the WiFi works just fine) I just don't understand why it won't work on WiFi.. I also posted on another thread about text messages that if anyone noticed, that you cannot maybe "no longer" try and send pictures via text messages?

Just tested it again and it works fine.... :)

im50un1que

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
After I upgraded to 4.3, when I have vibrate disabled on facebook and Gmail, when I get notifications, it still vibrates. It's annoying

MKita

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
After I upgraded to 4.3, when I have vibrate disabled on facebook and Gmail, when I get notifications, it still vibrates. It's annoying

I have this as well. It is very annoying. I also cannot change my vibrate on text messages which is so weak now. I also don't like the keyboard. It "saves" words you type yet you can't clear the memory of it.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have this as well. It is very annoying. I also cannot change my vibrate on text messages which is so weak now. I also don't like the keyboard. It "saves" words you type yet you can't clear the memory of it.

Sound settings, vibration intensity. Ringer and notifications are separate

sent from Galaxy Note 2

new_ti_boston

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Anybody noticing the battery drain is a little more
My battery life is FAR worse with JB, suddenly I get less than five hours on a charge, down from about 15. I've tried everything, checked/disabled apps, etc. The only thing I can possibly figure caused this was JB. I also find the camera much laggier, and also the screen seems a touch slower to turn on when pressing the home or on/off button. Verizon, non-rooted. Anyone else?

craftEcowgirl

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

My battery life is FAR worse with JB, suddenly I get less than five hours on a charge, down from about 15. I've tried everything, checked/disabled apps, etc. The only thing I can possibly figure caused this was JB. I also find the camera much laggier, and also the screen seems a touch slower to turn on when pressing the home or on/off button. Verizon, non-rooted. Anyone else?

Same here, very slow. Opening apps and using home button, everything opens very slow. Also getting more battery loss than usual. Disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo