Verizon getting ripped apart on FaceBook

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, good job on making your livelihood look like "no big deal". Who says passion for one's products and services is dead in America?

I'm extremely passionate about what I do. I pride myself on doing plenty of reading and research outside of work to stay on top of my game. My career doesn't center around the success or release of one phone. I'm also adult enough not to pout like a child when a phone isn't released when third party speculative websites predict it will be launched.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm extremely passionate about what I do. I pride myself on doing plenty of reading and research outside of work to stay on top of my game. My career doesn't center around the success or release of one phone. I'm also adult enough not to pout like a child when a phone isn't released when third party speculative websites predict it will be launched.

If you're adult enough to realize that your career doesn't center around one phone, perhaps you're adult enough to realize that it's more about how Verizon Wireless has handled their customers who have shown interest in the device.

Your company's silence speaks volume about how it values it's most passionate customers. If you find that acceptable, then it would seem that Verizon Wireless fosters that in it's corporate culture.

Reactions: superlawyer15

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

so the national VZW exclusive retail partner for the phone is a speculative website? nice! why do so many people not get this?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
If you're adult enough to realize that your career doesn't center around one phone, perhaps you're adult enough to realize that it's more about how Verizon Wireless has handled their customers who have shown interest in the device.

Your company's silence speaks volume about how it values it's most passionate customers. If you find that acceptable, then it would seem that Verizon Wireless fosters that in it's corporate culture.

+100

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
so the national VZW exclusive retail partner for the phone is a speculative website? nice! why do so many people not get this?

Best Buy is a third party retailer that offers our product. They set a release date. Verizon Wireless corporate outlets, be it stores, telesales, and online sales, have not issued any such release date.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Your company's silence speaks volume about how it values it's most passionate customers.

Passionate? I guess that's a politically correct way of saying it. The TV commercials are out there, there's some press on our website, when they are ready to release the phone, it will be released. It's a phone. You'll survive.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Passionate? I guess that's a politically correct way of saying it. The TV commercials are out there, there's some press on our website, when they are ready to release the phone, it will be released. It's a phone. You'll survive.

Ahhh the infamous Verizon Wireless arrogance. Yes, thanks, I'll survive. Thank you for being such an amazing ambassador for your company and confirming everything we already knew.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh the infamous Verizon Wireless arrogance. Yes, thanks, I'll survive. Thank you for being such an amazing ambassador for your company and confirming everything we already knew.

I speak to hundreds of customers every week, from coast to coast. Number of calls taken this week regarding the Thunderbolt? ZERO, not one. Passionate customers? Passionate in your endeavors for sure. You see a phone revealed on Engadget or CNET. You call a call center or store and ask about it. The reps are unaware because it hasn't even been introduced. But it's on the internet, so it must be true. So the reps are stupid because they aren't aware of it. Then the phone gets revealed. The speculative websites start throwing out dates of release, and when it's not released on those dates, you're all pissed off. And then come the "rah rah we're all leaving Verizon" comments. All while Verizon hasn't released any date at all. The phones eventually released. It's released early and you're pissed because it has flaws. It's released late and you're pissed because you've been admitted to the hospital for convulsions caused from waiting so long. It's the same old scenario over and over with the release of a major new device.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I speak to hundreds of customers every week, from coast to coast. Number of calls taken this week regarding the Thunderbolt? ZERO, not one. Passionate customers? Passionate in your endeavors for sure. You see a phone revealed on Engadget or CNET. You call a call center or store and ask about it. The reps are unaware because it hasn't even been introduced. But it's on the internet, so it must be true. So the reps are stupid because they aren't aware of it. Then the phone gets revealed. The speculative websites start throwing out dates of release, and when it's not released on those dates, you're all pissed off. And then come the "rah rah we're all leaving Verizon" comments. All while Verizon hasn't released any date at all. The phones eventually released. It's released early and you're pissed because it has flaws. It's released late and you're pissed because you've been admitted to the hospital for convulsions caused from waiting so long. It's the same old scenario over and over with the release of a major new device.

I'm sorry that your company communicates information to Retailers and to the media but does not provide you with enough information to answer the inevitable customer questions.

Have you considered the fact that no one would call you with a Thunderbolt question because they know you're ill informed and unable to help?

No one is advocating the release of the phone before it's ready. Everyone is advocating that Verizon say SOMETHING. What have they said about Thunderbolt? They talk about it at trade shows, put out commercials, have sign up pages, tease it on Twitter and then say nothing.

How about a status update? Or a confirmation that it is on track for this quarter? Or this year? Or ever? That's what our issue is.

Your melodramatics about how upset people are is very troubling. I don't think anyone is going to the hospital or convulsing but ignoring the fact that you're alienating your customers is pretty sad.

Also, I find it frightening that you speak to us as customer service (when we call) and seem to have such little empathy for customers. Yikes.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like somebody needs a new day job. And probably another kind of 'job' to calm him down.

Actually, I love my job. I love the industry, I love the devices, I love the technology. I've been with the company for nearly five years and it's been the most successful of my life. If Verizon Wireless (not Best Buy) had said the world would stop and this phone would be released on such and such a date, I would have empathy. I would even be happy to give out information in that situation. But Verizon Wireless has issued no such date. So get over it.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
And I think that in the troubling world we live in, a bunch of grown adults worked up over a phone release is even more sad.

I'm not worked up. I'm perfectly calm. I'm just interested... I can be interested without getting worked up.

I find it sad that a Verizon employee comes to an enthusiast board and says "You guys are crazy for caring about a product my company produces".

I also agree someone needs a new job. I'm sure this kind of customer hostility comes through on the phone.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I love my job. I love the industry, I love the devices, I love the technology. I've been with the company for nearly five years and it's been the most successful of my life. If Verizon Wireless (not Best Buy) had said the world would stop and this phone would be released on such and such a date, I would have empathy. I would even be happy to give out information in that situation. But Verizon Wireless has issued no such date. So get over it.

The fact that Verizon hasn't released a date is the problem.

IMO ...staying quite and not saying anything is a million times worse than saying to customers "hey, we just aren't ready yet"..

I would actually rather see Verizon put out wrong dates and then later retract them ....any type of communication is better than no communication

Reactions: 66dude

dunnthegunn

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I find it disappointing that as a representative of Verizon you come on here and instead of trying to calm people down and insure that the Thunderbolt will be released, you belittle people for wanting to buy a phone they are enthusiastically awaiting. You aren't defusing the situation, you are poring diesel fuel on the fire.

Also the language you have been using is very aggressive and somewhat offensive. I would be appalled if one of your call center agents talked to me in this condescending and arrogant tone you have been using. Acting as the face of a company, in what setting is it appropriate to use the word "pissed"? I will answer it for you. It never is.

The most troubling thing is that you are acting just as immature and petulant as anyone on here and then you whine about us adults getting worked up over a phone. You sir need handle yourself in a more professional manner. You are portraying Verizon in a very negative light.

rulevoid

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I find it disappointing that as a representative of Verizon you come on here and instead of trying to calm people down and insure that the Thunderbolt will be released, you belittle people for wanting to buy a phone they are enthusiastically awaiting. You aren't defusing the situation, you are poring diesel fuel on the fire.

Also the language you have been using is very aggressive and somewhat offensive. I would be appalled if one of your call center agents talked to me in this condescending and arrogant tone you have been using. Acting as the face of a company, in what setting is it appropriate to use the word "pissed"? I will answer it for you. It never is.

The most troubling thing is that you are acting just as immature and petulant as anyone on here and then you whine about us adults getting worked up over a phone. You sir need handle yourself in a more professional manner. You are portraying Verizon in a very negative light.

Mom? is that you?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
There's jotgubg wrong with a good debate. Let's keep it civil please. =)

Edit: I meant there is nothing wrong but I enjoy a laugh as much as the next guy. So I'll leave it.

Sent from my INCredible phone

karnovaran

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
One thing people forget is the number of people posting in this forum is only a fraction of those who frequently read it. A lot of bad PR in this thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23