Verizon gs5 verizon update

pfm002

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Backing up stuff first, then updating. For those that haven't updated yet its an 850mb download, so if you don't have enough space wipe some stuff or move to your SD card.

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
There is now a DO NOT DISTURB setting which I use to silence my phone while sleeping. You can set it to allow alarms to work, but all other notifications will be muted... The other thing I noticed is the FULL CHARGE notification that would come on when the phone was plugged in, no longer shows up. This is a huge improvement since the notification was too bright, and would light up my bedroom in the middle of the night, as I use my phone for an alarm clock...Screenshot_2015-07-08-12-03-18.jpg

JSQ

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Got the update late yesterday. Went fairly smooth (under 10 min). I noticed an increase in battery drain. After clearing cache and a few re-starts, its a little better.

Still waiting for 5.1.1.........and waiting.........and waiting. Come on Verizon...get off your a**.

weschero

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Got my update when it first came out. No issues... I did notice that the Do Not Disturb needed to be reconfigured and that the texting feature with my vehicle now works again!

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
This update has FINALLY fixed most of the problems I've been having since the February Lollipop update. It still lags and hesitates some like it did back on KitKat, but not nearly as bad as it was. Just about everything is working better.

I'm still ticked off that it took so long to fix. That's 5 frickin' months, almost 1/4 of my contract length I've had to deal with a POS phone. That's not acceptable. But, at least it's back to "normal", which still isn't great but at least I am no longer feeling strong urges to throw it against a wall.

Now the brightness works better in most situations, although now as mentioned it actually doesn't dim enough. It connects every time to my Pioneer deck where it rarely did before. Battery life is better and it doesn't start randomly draining it. And it doesn't have 3-5 second delays switching tasks or going back to the homescreen. My sanity is saved, for now, but my respect for Samsung may never return.

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
i noticed an old feature that I've been wanting back for some time...

when you hit your volume rocker for ringtone, you can once again hit the setting button to immediately change the notification sound levels of different types of notifications. Since lollipop, you've had to go into actual settings to adjust these.

I'm happy with that!

Can someone elaborate on the fixed fingerprint issue for work email accounts? Is it allowed now?

Iowag_man

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Got it earlier this week. The previous update had fixed battery drain and over heating, since this latest update, the issues are back. Tired of these horrible updates from Verizon.

Last edited:

COBOL_GUY

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Two S5 installed marshmallow on June 1st no problem. Installed June 24th Verizon update. Battery's on both phones overheating and draining. Thanks Verizon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya