Verizon Launch Delayed..(rumors)

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Korea is just rolling out LTE. One carrier (LG telecom) will have nationwide availability in early 2012, but right now just in Seoul - which still covers 20% of the entire population. Not sure about other parts of Asia, but Verizon is much ahead of Korean carriers in terms of LTE installation.

Exactly. Not many countries in the world even offer LTE Smartphones. Most countries go for the LTE modem/HotSpot solutions. Sweden had LTE since 2009, and they simply refuse to offer LTE smartphones since they believe the chipsets are made for USB Modems not for the phones.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
At this point I'll be astonished if we see this phone before Thanksgiving. It's not in Verizon's best interest. When something isn't in Verizon's best interest to hell with what the customers want.

What's even better is the LTE GS2 is set to arrive on Nov. 6th on AT&T. Verizon's inability to release devices without headaches is maddening.

We really need AT&T to improve their network so Verizon will quit being such a pain.
Yeah I saw that, they announced a phone and releasing it 7 days later. That's a should be done verizon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people have stated that Verizon's strategies are not understandable by the general public, so I have to lump this in with that. Personally, if I have a store and 3 awesome phones to sell in it, I don't space them out. I put them all out on display as quickly as possible and let people start buying them. I give you three great reasons to spend money in my store, not one or two.

By saying they should rush & release them all at once & make piles of cash. You use conventional logic, Verizons marketing often works outside the frame others do, especially when big releases are involved. It's not all about making big piles of cash as quick as possible. They need space between releases just due to the way they operate in their stores & run their customer service depts. from the corporate side. They have to educate their retail employees and customer service reps. in a short time period before launching. If you've dealt w/ most retail employees in store or on the phone. You're well aware that most of their lightbulbs upstairs ain't all that bright 9 outta 10x. I could waste the day explaining things in gr8 detail to make my point, but I'm not in the mood to write a thesis, at the moment. Maybe later, if need you need me too. Besides it's not rocket science to understand how things work over there.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I still don't think Verizon is going to market the GN like they will with this new HTC phone and the RAZR. Look what the RAZR has for it in the marketing department so far from Verizon. A shnazzy droid landing page. All GN has is a press release in text format. Also consider how the RAZR was announced the same day as the GN...and then later on Verizon (GN). Much more effort has been put in to the RAZR so far...and probably something similar to the new HTC phone. The GN will probably get just a release and that's about it. It will advertise to the techie people like us, but that's about it. The phone will launch, we will buy, that will be it. No crazy commercials or advertising schemes.

I don't think that the launch of the GN is being hindered by the RAZR or new HTC phone. The GN will launch when it launches, but I don't think it has anything to do with launching too many phones at once, or that one is overshadowing the other.

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Panda: "not understanding the nexus stuff. You all have all a few days before concrete launch dates are confirmed or debunked. Relax.. really :)"

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
This made me laugh today while I was cursing out my Droid (and wishing this phone would hurry up and come out already) for freezing up .....

99-iphone-4-upgrade-kit-28266-1317850365-5.jpg

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Another thing that's got me impatient is, when I had the Bionic, I got so used to that big 4.3" screen. Now that's all I want and, I don't think the videos do the GN screen justice vs.seeing it for yourself.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Another thing that's got me impatient is, when I had the Bionic, I got so used to that big 4.3" screen. Now that's all I want and, I don't think the videos do the GN screen justice vs.seeing it for yourself.

I was just thinking this yesterday as I tried to see the 720p Galaxy Nexus screen through a 480p YouTube video :confused:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Our Asian friends happen to be using the same first generation LTE chipsets. They don't have some miraculous 10th generation technology that we don't.
They just happen not to cry and whine as much as we do. :'(

Didn't say they were using some "miraculous" tech. overseas. I'm not just talking about what they release to manufacturers based over there. Asian markets are definitely the ones who are actually testing different chipsets that will bring mainstream changes over here. Whereas, we are not, we just settle for whatever the ship over to us. Are you seriously telling me they aren't leading the way for mobile hardware implimentation for Android. I think we can agree that they see new mobile tech.
a helluva lot sooner than we do. By the time we see it in action over here, they are already moving on to create greener pastures for everybody else.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Didn't say they were using some "miraculous" tech. overseas. I'm not just talking about what they release to manufacturers based over there. Asian markets are definitely the ones who are actually testing different chipsets that will bring mainstream changes over here. Whereas, we are not, we just settle for whatever the ship over to us. Are you seriously telling me they aren't leading the way for mobile hardware implimentation for Android. I think we can agree that they see new mobile tech.
a helluva lot sooner than we do. By the time we see it in action over here, they are already moving on to create greener pastures for everybody else.

Hahaha, I remember when we were still using our game boy esque nokias thinking that was the pinnacle of cell phones. Then I saw my cousins phone while I was visiting family in japan. You wanna talk about being behind lol. I also remember playing super famicom waaaay before it came to the states. I got to play super Mario World and no one state side believed me when we moved back and I told them how rpic it was.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Wait, I was talking about the LTE chipsets/battery life dynamic not necessarily the entire mobile business.
Qualcomm is actually the leader and innovator when it comes to baseband chipsets and they're based out of the San Diego. They'll be the first ones to release 28nm baseband chipset solution Q2 2012.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Korea is just rolling out LTE. One carrier (LG telecom) will have nationwide availability in early 2012, but right now just in Seoul - which still covers 20% of the entire population. Not sure about other parts of Asia, but Verizon is much ahead of Korean carriers in terms of LTE installation.

Verizon uses the bloat companies to subsidize the cost of the phone. Kinda like a sponsorim auto racing. Its a shame that Verizon can't pick better sponsors. And any of the vzw branded bloat is for suckers coming from dumbphones with the vzw crap.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Wait, I was talking about the LTE chipsets/battery life dynamic not necessarily the entire mobile business.
Qualcomm is actually the leader and innovator when it comes to baseband chipsets and they're based out of the San Diego. They'll be the first ones to release 28nm baseband chipset solution Q2 2012.

Nor was I referencing the entire industry. I agree, there's innovating companies stateside. Qualcomm is definitely a pack leader, they have great tech. development, Uncle Sam loves him a company that makes us proud. That's pretty much in-house development & testing in SD, though. They send a vast majority of their hardware overseas for trial runs, testing & tweaking. Long before the hardware moseys back here on devices. They aren't knocking on many doors of companies here to do that for them. Basically, all I meant to convey is that the harmony of hardware/software working cohesively w/ less power consumption is happening there. It just seems to me that our carriers over here are more apathetic to our plight. They like to advertise new tech. in their marketing over here but there just as happy to have a small battery ship in a device cuz they know we'll have to plop a few bills down on a bulky extended battery, to be happy. Verizon has no problem w/ the status quo.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I'm pouring gas on this fire. No way this phone is coming on the 10th if Verizon puts out a presser TODAY and doesn't give us a release date. If the 10th was the date then this phone would be buttoned up and ready to ship to stores. It isn't and that's why Verizon didn't give a date.

We're not seeing this phone until December.

More gas for the fire. December is looking more likely now, yes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette