Very impressive battery life so far.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Great Battery life So far, impressive

my point is its important to be honest to readers, he didn't claim his GS 3 has "weak battery" because it is "few years old", he simply claim GS 3 has a weaker battery life, period. Should that kind of statement stands without some clarification?

Last time I checked, this is a forum for discussions of certain topic, it did not state you have to own one to participate, why don't you show me the forum rule you think that forbid me from talking here?

I'm just keeping you honest to readers that you don't have a Nexus phone and are a Samsung fan that likes to go after the Nexus 5.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I'm just keeping you honest to readers that you don't have a Nexus phone and are a Samsung fan that likes to go after the Nexus 5.

sure, check to find post of mine that does not rely on the facts.

Honestly, too many people here are blatant N5 defenders who care little about benefit of a potential buyer or those who find N5 lacking in one aspect or another.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Here's the comparison

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

What's the reliability part? Higher is better? If it's 95% reliable and getting over 3MBPs download TMo doesn't look too bad

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
What's the reliability part? Higher is better? If it's 95% reliable and getting over 5MBPs download TMo doesn't look too bad

Well, but if Sprint ranks even higher then it's painful...

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

tim440

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Been off charge for fourteen hours today. 55% left with just under two hours of screen time. An hour and a half of audio and a couple of app downloads. Happy with that.

Changed network provider yesterday and that seems to have helped.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Coming from a GS3, the N5 battery life is better. My GS3 battery would be exhausted by 3:00pm on a typical day, and my N5 lasts into the evening. I've been seeing around 13 hours with screen on time of over 4 hours, and battery life remaining of 30%+.

I'm in the same boat. My S3 battery would not last me until 4pm with the same use. My Nexus 5 will get me until 10pm...

My wife is also getting way better battery on her new Nexus 4 as compared to the S3.

Just our experience. Call it what you will, but both nexus phones were an improvement over the galaxy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. My S3 battery would not last me until 4pm with the same use. My Nexus 5 will get me until 10pm...

My wife is also getting way better battery on her new Nexus 4 as compared to the S3.

Just our experience. Call it what you will, but both nexus phones were an improvement over the galaxy.

Yup. Big difference. Phones just keep getting better!

Now..... If you listen real careful like, you can hear a troll rustling in the bushes ;)

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Yup. Big difference. Phones just keep getting better!

Now..... If you listen real careful like, you can hear a troll rustling in the bushes ;)

I think it's under the bridge...
;-)

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I call it unfortunate. Your experience? fine.

However, It would be unfortunately you two sitting here arguing GS 3 can only last 10-11 hrs for others. Because its simply false.

Below are screenshots taken fro GS3 from this website:

[60096d1360619296t-screen-uses-up-40-50-battery-uploadfromtaptalk1360619294489.jpg60217d1360676916t-screen-uses-up-40-50-battery-uploadfromtaptalk1360676801030.jpg79436d1378330623t-battery-life-40bl1eajwqs.jpg90369d1383708235t-battery-charts-what-does-yours-look-like-1383708234943.jpguga5agab.jpg60116d1360624717t-screen-uses-up-40-50-battery-screenshot_2013-02-05-14-23-48.png

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I call it unfortunate. Your experience? fine.

However, It would be unfortunately you two sitting here arguing GS 3 can only last 10-11 hrs for others. Because its simply false.

Below are screenshots taken fro GS3 from this website:

[View attachment 94999View attachment 95000View attachment 95001View attachment 95002View attachment 95003View attachment 95004

Those screen shots are all good, and yes it was unfortunate for me and the wife. So much so that she was going to go back to ios, which she didn't want to, but our S3s' batteries did not perform or last nearly as long as either the Nexus 4 or 5. And that is just based on our location, our user habits, etc.

The other side of it, the S3 got buggy after about a year, and samy hardly updated the phone. Mms from iPhones never showed correctly, you had to select a new keyboard when ever the phone came on, etc. My Nexus 7 had its major bugs fixed so much faster than the S3 with its more timely updates. And I bought them around the same time.

When I first got the S3, I loved it. But after a year, I didn't feel the love from Sammy. Hopefully Motorola will shake them up, because if they had more timely updates to fix bugs a year after the device is launched, I'd consider buying one of their devices. I also hope that GN3 that you use stays updated for your sake. Those puppies are expensive to buy off contract.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I also hope that GN3 that you use stays updated for your sake. Those puppies are expensive to buy off contract.

I do appreciate that. :) This may or may not surprise you, but I actually hope my GN3 stay at 4.3 for at least a year, I am not even sure I want 4.4 update. I think the each update contributes greatly to the device's problem, and I am not fond of google's recent actions, closing off google apps, forcing all the bloated google apps on me, etc.

I wish samsung will act as a barrier of some sort between my privacy and google, so my whole device doesn't become a "google bot". It may be futile in the long run, but it may not, who knows. Anyway, I will have to judge that by myself after samsung rolls out the update.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I do appreciate that. :) This may or may not surprise you, but I actually hope my GN3 stay at 4.3 for at least a year, I am not even sure I want 4.4 update. I think the each update contributes greatly to the device's problem, and I am not fond of google's recent actions, closing off google apps, forcing all the bloated google apps on me, etc.

I wish samsung will act as a barrier of some sort between my privacy and google, so my whole device doesn't become a "google bot". It may be futile in the long run, but it may not, who knows. Anyway, I will have to judge that by myself after samsung rolls out the update.

Yeah, the 4.3 to 4.4 was meh on my nexus 4 and 7. It was more about Sammy not fixing the bugs I had on the s3 and n7, that then went away once the n7 received an update... It was sooo frustrating to see one device get fixed and the other with bugs that you know can be fixed with an update. To see one company do it and not the other was a bit of a let down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
No secrets or tricks to save battery. Location on(high accuracy) o.k Google enabled, Google sync on (don't use Google now)WiFi always on. Avast security running always and no disabled apps. Auto screen brightness disabled but is set to where I like it (not at low)!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1386179421170.jpg
    1386179421170.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 1386179441034.jpg
    1386179441034.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 1386179460183.jpg
    1386179460183.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 15

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
No secrets or tricks to save battery. Location on(high accuracy) o.k Google enabled, Google sync on (don't use Google now)WiFi always on. Avast security running always and no disabled apps. Auto screen brightness disabled but is set to where I like it (not at low)!

hard to tell, but exactly what did you used it for?

btw, why is your battery chart has so many tiny sharp up and downs? and what exactly do you mean by "not at low"?

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
A lot of my screen time was reading threads about unlocking chromecast which required a lot of web browsing. Some texting, YouTube, xda++...but no high end gaming. The sharp up and downs is android performing battery recalibrations throughout the discharge cycle(which is normal) By "not at low I mean it's set above the lowest setting, I could weld steel with it set at high! Btw, I am running dalvik not art.