video of replaced new Note 7 exploded and caused white smoke in the back pocket of a hair stylist

Status
Not open for further replies.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok, two things here: Taiwan isn't a province of China - that's Chinese propaganda / wishful thinking. And the second: the phones sold in Taiwan and China weren't affected by the bad battery issue and there was no recall in these areas. So why is she talking about a replacement phone? Wouldn't be surprised at all if this were Chinese propaganda as well - China is known to bad-mouth foreign products to increase sales of domestic brands (Huawei etc)

Hard to say, the data was from the UN..... you'd think that the people at the UN knows geography better than anybody else. :)
https://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/cefact/locode/tw.htm

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It's just like the media outlets. You don't hear happy stories on the news, just shootings, muggings, car jackings, etc. People love (or at least people reporting think} to hear bad news stories.
It seems that most stories will be about Samsung or Apple devices. I bet the other manufacturers out there are loving this due to potential new business. .
Hinestky7, this forum has kind of been turning me off these past few days because of all the negative redundant threads.

It's so true - the media is just hoping for more articles. There's no interest in writing an article that says that everything is going well. The media loves the Samsung v Apple line so anything that can be a shot across the bow is what they want to post. How many articles are always posted about the negativity of the war between the two meanwhile Samsung and Apple do so much business together as business partners and that never gets any press. What's the saying - "When we do right, nobody remembers. When we do wrong, nobody forgets."

Agree also a lot of the threads. It does seem like every other subject is like Would you keep your Note 7, Do you think it will be recalled, I'm leaving the Note 7, Should I leave the Note 7, Will Note 7 be banned, Note 7 banned from airlines, etc. lol I'm not innocent and I participate in them sometimes. :)

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Funny how Samsung makes a lot of chips for Apple ain't it! No one ever does see that. I'm keeping mine this round. Only time she heats up is using vr. And it doesn't really get that warm.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
She had it in her back pocket. What are the odds that at some point she sat on it, causing internal damage, then battery failure.

jobloom

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Can only be a matter of time before the Note 7 is recalled permanently. The note 8 or whatever they decide to brand it as will surely come under intense srutiny before it will be released for sale too. RIP Note 7

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well just found out a co-worker has a chick that just got an iPhone 7 plus. She sat down at the club last night and it lit her butt on fire. He knew I had a N7 and thought for a moment she did too. So it's not just the N7. Quit sitting on your phones!!

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: video of replaced new Note 7 caught fire in the back pocket of a hair stylist

couldn't even if I wanted. based on the video, the phone did not look like it "exploded" at all... only a fire that melted the battery and the screen.

friend just sent me links to the pics of that phone: (see below)

Why does she still have the sticker on the back of the phone?

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok, two things here: Taiwan isn't a province of China - that's Chinese propaganda / wishful thinking. And the second: the phones sold in Taiwan and China weren't affected by the bad battery issue and there was no recall in these areas. So why is she talking about a replacement phone? Wouldn't be surprised at all if this were Chinese propaganda as well - China is known to bad-mouth foreign products to increase sales of domestic brands (Huawei etc)
Although Taiwan appears to be ruling itself, internationally no one really dare to deny that Taiwan belongs to China.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: video of replaced new Note 7 caught fire in the back pocket of a hair stylist

Why does she still have the sticker on the back of the phone?

and why did the person filming just happen to be focusing on the back pocket right before the lady took it out and threw the phone on the ground. Looks like it was set up to me.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

She was saying she put it in her back pocket and then felt it heating up and took it out and dropped it.

and why did the person filming just happen to be focusing on the back pocket right before the lady took it out and threw the phone on the ground. Looks like it was set up to me.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

She was clearly recreating the circumstances for the news cast.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
We appreciate your dedicated research. But, no pun intended, even if she only weighs 90 pounds, that's still a lot of stress for a device that weighs ounces, or grams depending on where you are.

Also some pockets aren't big enough for these phones. Or they just tear. I had to do some labor at work and needed jeans so I bought second hand ones. One pocket was tearing where a cell phone must have been. It wasn't at the seams either, but the pocket itself.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Although Taiwan appears to be ruling itself, internationally no one really dare to deny that Taiwan belongs to China.

JFC! "Appears to be ruling itself?" Yeah, just for the last 70+ years. 21 nations and the Holy See officially recognize Taiwan as an independent nation, with several times that having formal relations with the nation. China has to bribe and intimidate to keep so many nations, especially emerging nations, from officially recognizing Taiwan. And blows a gasket anytime its full, official name is mentioned: Taiwan, Republic of China.

On topic: in this instance, I'm assuming she sat on the damn phone which caused the damage. Doesn't matter at this point as Samsung has a dud on its hands and probably will give up selling the Note 7

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Well just found out a co-worker has a chick that just got an iPhone 7 plus. She sat down at the club last night and it lit her butt on fire. He knew I had a N7 and thought for a moment she did too. So it's not just the N7. Quit sitting on your phones!!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
On a side note my father sat on his 6plus and it smoked. He didn't even have it a week. Just pointing out that sitting on your phone seems to cause fires.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There was this news somewhere that someone said someone saw something that his friend told him that he saw the note 7 flare up. Its very true believe it. Its on the internet. I know someone in this thread likes to over analyze things. Just ROFL.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
On a side note my father sat on his 6plus and it smoked. He didn't even have it a week. Just pointing out that sitting on your phone seems to cause fires.

I don't understand why so many people put smartphones
in their back pockets.(with the upper 1/3 of the phone
sticking out) Is that some kind of new fashion statement?
I see it all the time at airports and shopping malls. People
of all ages seem to carry like that. (teenagers, soccer moms,
seniors, even seen local cops carry their phones like that) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753