[Video Tutorial] How To Properly Root Your Inspire 4G

tma73

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I have the Android HTC Inspire and new to the hack/rooting, etc..
Was wondering if by doing this I can use another carrier besides At&t (like verizon) on my Android.

thomas

longknives

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
From the effen manual........

•Are you curious about the PA$$ K3Y yet? Every time the Hack Kit runs, it generates a new one and puts it in the this link: CAJUN.txt. AFTER you get to the prompt for it, click the link and copy and paste the K3Y into the prompt. If you get browser fail, it's in tools/txt/CAJUN.txt in the hack kit directory.

After many readings of the effen manual and 6 attempts this is where I get stuck every time. Every thing I've tried results in no joy. Very frustrating to say the least.
It seems like it is failing to generate a pass key at all.

Finally, I got it, I was accesing the file from the wrong folder.

Last edited:

Suzie DeRouen

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I just bought a used Inspire and it should be here tomorrow. My main reason for rooting is to run DroidWall. I was going to post a message asking what the 'current' status of rooting the Inspire was. So...these last few messages have been very helpful!

Well how did it go? I own a HTC Desire HD and I'm hesitate to root. Any helpful ideas would be greatfully appreciated.

Floyd Roberts

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The HTC Inspire 4G is the first Android phone I've ever owned, and this is my first phone I've ever rooted and have installed a custom ROM on it.

I followed this video: YouTube - Unleashing the HTC Inspire 4G [Root, Unlock, S-OFF] to root my phone with absolutely no problem.

When rooting, make sure you type MMC0 when using the adb shell /sys/.... command on the CMD window! Don't do the same mistake I did by using MMC2!

You can also follow this video: YouTube to install a custom ROM on your phone!

Happy Rooting!

PS - I would also like to add that after rooting and installing a custom ROM, I'm getting the follow upload and download speeds:
http://www.speedtest.net/android/33878328.png

Probably this is really really cool but the videos come up private for me and I cannot access them.... pity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter