Vine on Note 3 camera lighting issue

fivesevensuited

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I switched from iPhone 5S to Galaxy note 3 and I use my Vine app all the time. The problem I'm having is, the Note 3 camcorder mode seems to really, really suck in low lighting conditions. While I'm in the app, there's no way to turn on the led flash light to give my videos lighting. I'm extremely disappointed in the camera on this phone. Anyone have any ideas for a fix?

Posted via Android Central App

chustle925

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I switched from iPhone 5S to Galaxy note 3 and I use my Vine app all the time. The problem I'm having is, the Note 3 camcorder mode seems to really, really suck in low lighting conditions. While I'm in the app, there's no way to turn on the led flash light to give my videos lighting. I'm extremely disappointed in the camera on this phone. Anyone have any ideas for a fix?

How are you accessing the camcorder mode? Reason I ask is after reading your post, I just used mine, and as soon as I turned the camcorder on the front flash came on. I access it by just hitting the camera icon, then at the bottom right hit the camcorder icon.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

I found that if I set my camera to have the flash on all the time - then when I switch over to record video then the light is on whilst I record.

Not sure if there is a setting to do this automatically whilst you're recording but if there is someone here will be able to help you out more.

Sarks.

fivesevensuited

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
How are you accessing the camcorder mode? Reason I ask is after reading your post, I just used mine, and as soon as I turned the camcorder on the front flash came on. I access it by just hitting the camera icon, then at the bottom right hit the camcorder icon.

My problem isn't the led lighting on the camcorder app, that I can turn on or off. I'm saying I can't find a way to get lighting while using Vine app. It's pretty disappointing. I even set the camcorder settings to turn on flash before opening the app, but no help. Any ideas?

fivesevensuited

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I found that if I set my camera to have the flash on all the time - then when I switch over to record video then the light is on whilst I record.

Not sure if there is a setting to do this automatically whilst you're recording but if there is someone here will be able to help you out more.

Sarks.

The problem is only while using Vine app. Using the camera app isn't an issue. Any ideas on how to get led flash to turn on while using Vine?

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
The problem is only while using Vine app. Using the camera app isn't an issue. Any ideas on how to get led flash to turn on while using Vine?

I looked around and from what I've saw it maybe a problem from within the app itself. This link notes a limitation of the app is that you cannot use the flash. The app is a little bit dated now though because I know they've enabled the use of the forward facing camera.

http://mashable.com/2013/01/25/vine-flaws/

I played around with the app itself and I saw no option to adjust the camera settings and even in a completely dark room the flash did not come on. From what I read on the play store regarding the android version of vine and specifically with the note 3 the app doesn't seem to be polished yet - a lot of people reporting problems.

Perhaps you could email the developers and ask them if there is a way to have the flash activated whilst recording.

Sorry I don't have a real answer for you, perhaps someone in here who is more versed with vine will be able to give you better imput.

Sarks.