Voice text won't work on my s3 frontier

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My voice text won't work. I have the s3 gear frontier. It just says input failed.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
my voice text was working even better after the 3.0 update. I installed the improve battery update a few days ago and now voice text says "input failed".... not good.

anon(463177)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
SVoice has been marginal since it first came out. Samsung just isn't improving it and we're expected to live with it. They'd be wiser to accommodate OK Google. At least that works!

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
SVoice has been marginal since it first came out. Samsung just isn't improving it and we're expected to live with it. They'd be wiser to accommodate OK Google. At least that works!

This guy is exactly right, S Voice has not worked since day one on this watch for me. If they just put OK Google in and use that instead of S Voice are watch would nearly be perfect. However the voice input has sucked since day one and still does today. S Voice has always been a piece of crap app on anything it's on since its release unfortunately

dieselwind

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
My voice text won't work. I have the s3 gear frontier. It just says input failed.

I had the same problem. I read elsewhere to tap the microphone, then tap the three dots and re-select auto or english again (mine already said auto but I selected it again). After that it worked just fine. I have used it to send texts while driving.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Today is December 25th and mine is offline again. I know it isn't the watch though because if I try svoice on the phone it is also down. At least on my phone I use GA. But on my watch I have to use svoice which makes this VERY frustrating to set up alarms and reminders etc.

Connie429

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
I've been having discussions with Samsung Support on Facebook off and on for the last 4 days. We ALL have this problem. I have managed to get it to work for stretches of time but there are definite issues with The feature that I believe are connected to the BT and/or wifi. I don't know how much longer this will go on before they fix it. For now, I reset my watch and it's sitting on the charger playing the part of paper weight. If and when they get it together and put out a fix, I will use it because I think it's a very good smart watch otherwise. For now, I'm going to my backup, the Fitbit Ionic.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
This is my 2nd Samsung watch and S Voice has always been terrible. Samsung will never get it fixed because I think they have set their sights on Bixby as a replacement.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
For now, I reset my watch and it's sitting on the charger playing the part of paper weight. If and when they get it together and put out a fix, I will use it because I think it's a very good smart watch otherwise. For now, I'm going to my backup, the Fitbit Ionic.

Kind of drastic considering all the other functions this watch does. It still does everything else. What I find even more odd, is that you're using the Ionic. Does the Ionic have a voice feature like the S3?