Voice Typing not Working

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think the key to this is that it's somehow connected back to Google Assistant. So is it an issue with the keyboard, or GA?
Yes GA which other devices and keyboard dont have its exclusively pixel , might have to reset assistant by long press Google app then tap infor>storage clear data then force close it

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Yes GA which other devices and keyboard dont have its exclusively pixel , might have to reset assistant by long press Google app then tap infor>storage clear data then force close it
This trick works, I highly recommend it. You may need to reset your Google Assistant settings after doing this.

philipdepalo

Mar 14, 2021
Visit site
Restarting works temporarily, but then it randomly stops working again after a while. Yes I've cleared storage and cache and forced stop inside keyboard. Nothing fixes it.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I know that these issues are not affecting everyone, but it just seems like we keep popping up. weird. someone else was complaining about when they turn their Bluetooth off the Wi-Fi. turns out after the latest February update and I'm just not experiencing any of these issues!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This trick works, I highly recommend it. You may need to reset your Google Assistant settings after doing this.

Over the years me and my wife have had multiple times where the Assistant quit working after an update... all I did to fix it was to go into the "set up voice" setting, it would say you already have a voice recorded, you're all ready to go... and we were off to the races till the next update broke it :p