Voice Wake Up not working on S Voice

axcylinder

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I had this same problem for quite a while but i just now figured it out and its ridiculously simple... Go into the S voice app manually then from the S voice home screen tap the menu softkey on your phone, tap settings, scroll down to the "wake up" section, and turn on the "wake up S voice" tab. It works perfectly turning the phone on even when not in hands free mode. Hope this helps (Galaxy Note 3)

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's carrier-disabled. They only want you to use THEIR hands free mode. I got miffed when they took it out of my S5. I used to answer text messages in the shower or halfway across a room with just my voice. Now the only hope I have left is Google Now. Damn you carriers!

Boom! From My S5

Kathy DeHarte1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having the same problem with my S4, however after reading the replies, I believe mine may be a bit different. I have been using the "OK Google" from any screen for months now. I used it so much I installed Google chrome on my PC and tablet and enabled the command on all three.In fact, it's become quite funny, when I have all 3 devices on, I'll say OK Google and they all wake up. Recently though it doesn't want to work every time, like it was. I'm hoping someone has the answer, or I'll keep stumbling around without, the assistance of my phone and the web, to get me the answers to the, oh so many questions I have just going through the day

GabrielAngel79

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a galaxy s5 and i used the s voice using the "hi galaxy" command and it worked for about 15 mins and then all the sudden stopped, but I can use it when double clicking the home button. Spent a total of 3 hrs between my mobile provider and samsung. Still not working...waste of time!

KrashTestKev

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Okay I think I found the answer. I have a note 3, but I hope that this solution will work across all Samsung phones.

1 - Go into S Voice and click settings

2 - (As others have suggested) - Scroll down to the 'wake up' category and make sure that the "Wake up Command" and "Voice Wake Up" options are selected

3 - Finally, click on the 'voice wake up' option. Not the slider bar...if you actually click on the 'voice wake up' text it will take you to another page with a check box (Wake up in secured lock). Check that box. Should work fine after that.

I don't know why Samsung designs the menu this way, it is kind of misleading. Hope this helps.

KrashTestKev

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as well, my s voice used to work all the time but after the recent update it didn't work anymore. I followed your directions, and now it works perfectly... It wakes up the phone when the screen is off,it opens when I'm in aN app,and when I'm in the actual s voice screen it recognizes my hi galaxy for voice command without me having to push the button. The only time it does not work, is from the home screen. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not, but that's fine if I'm at the home screen, then it's easy enough to double press the home button. But I thank you so much for figuring out this problem! I've been trying to figure it out all day!I hope this works on other devices, but it does for sure work on the Galaxy Note 3.

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I went to the Cricket store today to see if they could tell me why the "Hands Free" Wake Up Command wasn't working. The little girl didn't know so she called her Tech Support. The tech support couldn't figure it out either so they gave me the phone number to Samsung tech support. The first person I spoke with did everything "by the numbers" troubleshooting blah, blah, blah. Finally she had me to reset the S-voice application, clear the data and yada, yada, yada. Well, after all that she was still under the impression that I was talking about the double tap on the home button not the "hands free" wake up command...-the double tab to manually access S-Voice works fine!

She finally admitted that she didn't really know why it wasn't working. I asked her why was the feature on the S5 if it was not available for me to use because she started telling me that it was only on the Note and Tab. But I told her that I used it fine on my GS3 and she was stumped. She still maintained that the only way for me to use the wake up command was to double tap on the home button. She ended up transferring me a floor supervisor who told me that it "Should" work as I described. He did mention that because Cricket bought out AIO, there may be some issue there but that he would check on it for me.

I'm waiting on a phone call back. I'll update later.

Pbucci

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Before the update i could hit the button on my bluetooth and (my phone would have the screen off , i use the swipe to unlock) it would wake up and svoice would come on and ready to hear my command. now after the update i have to press the power button to wake it up, swipe the lock screen then svoice would start up. anyone else seeing this?

Mark Franzen

May 5, 2015
Visit site
My s-voice doesn't work from a lock screen. But since the update using in hands free I get no audible "You Have a Message from " when a text comes in. I have to routinely say "Hi Galaxy previous messages" to find out if I have received any texts. I don't think I can install the earlier firmware since I took an OTA for lollipop..

Last edited:

Louise Cook

May 8, 2015
Visit site
It seems to work only if your phone is "on" and not in sleep mode. I was on live chat with Samsung and they said that neither Google Voice nor Samsung auto wakeup will work on the Galaxy s6.
I took the phone to Verizon and they couldn't make it work, either.

MitaGT

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I got it to kind of work. I have a galaxy s6 with Sprint.
I set it up when I activated my phone and never worked. My phone finished its insane amount of updating. I reset and set up s voice again and seems to work. It will wake up my phone and go to my home screen with lock screen off or just swipe enabled, and seems to work exactly how I want it to, and how it was intended. If I have a lock it wont do much but it still txts and calls, wouldnt open any apps. I dont normally have a lock on my phone though.
However, it does not work at all with my bluetooth, but I have a $30 base model plantronics m25. Only does media listening and calling. Maybe a better model would work. it probably needs to be able to access apps and have a little more functions. But that is pure speculation.
I did change it to English(UK). It is quite entertaining to me :). I did this before I reset svoice and got it working for me. But this may have had no overall effect on if it worked or not.
Hopefully this helps.
Cheers.

Last edited:

Mannypl

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
"OK Google" works on my Galaxy S5 with my screen off. S Voice only works if the app is opened and you say Hi Galaxy to turn the mic on. I am surprised at how well Google voice works. Update: From lock screen "OK Google" then saying Calculator" says in a small window "Received possible commands Calculator" but didn't unlock the screen which I have just set to swipe unlock. When I swipe and unlock sure enough there is the calculator.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao