Voicemail Password?

fyrman49

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Works Great!!!!
Ok. So I found a way to make it a little better.

Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings
With keyboard close tap the text box which opens the on-screen keyboard. If you click the far lower-left "* # (" you'll notice there is also "Wait" which turns out to be ";" and "Pause" which is ",".

So if you change the number to "*86;XXXX#" when you dial your voicemail it will immediately popup with a confirm window asking when to send the tone XXXX#

If you make it "*86,,,XXXX#" it will send the tone XXXX# on it's own. I believe each comma is a second and I remember I used to use 3 on my palm treo (windows mobile) with verizon wireless. This seems to work best.

The only thing I don't like is that it shows the password on the screen.. but I suppose it would do that when typing it manually as well.

Let me know if this helps anyone or has a better way or suggestions.

P.s. In case it wasn't obvious the XXXX is your voicemail password.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
by the way, this also works for calling your bank, credit card company, utility... anything that says, "press 1 for this, 2 for that, enter zip code, PIN" whatever... the point is, if you routinely press the same options every time you call - program those options in.

Chillout

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

With keyboard close tap the text box which opens the on-screen keyboard. If you click the far lower-left "* # (" you'll notice there is also "Wait" which turns out to be ";" and "Pause" which is ",".

So if you change the number to "*86;XXXX#" when you dial your voicemail it will immediately popup with a confirm window asking when to send the tone XXXX#

If you make it "*86,,,XXXX#" it will send the tone XXXX# on it's own. I believe each comma is a second and I remember I used to use 3 on my palm treo (windows mobile) with verizon wireless. This seems to work best.

The only thing I don't like is that it shows the password on the screen.. but I suppose it would do that when typing it manually as well.

This worked like a charm, thank you!!! I thought for a second it wasn't going too but then it automatically input my code after the required wait and my VM's came up. Thanks!!!

jeffreynye

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

This is the system I used on my old BB, but on my Droid X the problem I have is that I cannot change the default button the dialer screen -- it just uses *86, rather than the Voicemail contact.

In other words, if I wanted to set up a speed dial for a VM contact using this method, I could do that. But there's already a VM button on the bottom left of my dialer screen, and I can NOT change that to use this method.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Dubbin1

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

After getting my droid I found that this does not work for me BUT I found a much easier way to do this. just go into your contacts and edit the number for voicemail. Should look something like this *86,,yourpassword

Spacetoast

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Friends i found this method works well for me. I use the htc incredible with 2.2 firmware
Settings>Call>Voicemail service>My carrier>Voicemail number
After *86 type pXXXX#
the full number should look like this *86pXXXX#
XXXX being your password
Now just speed dial your voicemail and it should auto dial your password. I think this will also work on previous firmware issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Mendelli