Volume buttons after 4.3

danootz

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing volume problems on 4.3 also. Never saw it on 4.2.2 or earlier. To the poster above who asked, I am not and have never used Nova Launcher.

I do use DashClock widget - are we all DashClock users that are seeing volume control problems?

I take back what I suggested with Nova Launcher - or any other app - disrupting the volume buttons.

I'm going to reset to factory condition, and then test it out. I have a feeling it's at the system level, and not related to other apps.

Jack Isaacs

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yep same problem here, updated last week and now my volume refuses to work at all. The only way I can change my volume and enter silent mode is via sound settings and using the slider. :'(

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Yep same problem here, updated last week and now my volume refuses to work at all. The only way I can change my volume and enter silent mode is via sound settings and using the slider. :'(

You can also long press the power button and you get the option to enter silent, vibrate or normal mode from there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

ryyt42

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I was messing with my phone tonight and found that I can adjust the volume in any app (not just the notification screen). Anyway, I'm not sure if it's the cause of the volume button not working on the home screen. And, honestly, I'm really not sure how it would be, but I went into a sound settings and unchecked the "Vibrate on touch" option. After doing that the volume buttons started working on the home screen again.

I just wanted to share that with everyone in case it might help someone else. It may be a coincidence or a temporary fix. I really don't know, but I'll keep an eye on it and try to let you guys know what happens.

I just signed up to say this fixes it.. but only until I lock my phone. When I unlock it, it's broken again.

Very odd, happened a few months ago after a firmware update. There's been at least one more in the time since.

I have a Nexus 4 with 3, up to date with OTA upgrades.

I know this thread is a bit old.. but any new info?

To reiterate the issue - volume buttons do not work on the home screen (but work on notifications and apps).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Any widgets on your home screen? Try temporarily removing them.

Also, do the buttons not work on only the main home screen? Or same for the other four (two screens left of home and two screens right)?

tuckaman

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I get the same problem. My volume keys stop working almost whenever I use the phone and the only way to fix them is to reboot the phone.

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this happens to me every once in a while and a reboot will fix it or the workarounds are going into settings and changing it there or long pressing the power button...(running stock)...other than that, an awesome device!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Android Central Forums