Volume question.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
So looking for ideas. I normallu set my volume at 100 percent then control the volume with what ever I've connected to the phone by BT.

My issue is when I connect to my car via wireless Android Auto. The volume seems to turn it's self down on the phone which I then need to go back into the phone and turn back up then it's fine. I know first world problem lol. Other than this the phone has been great .

Thanks for any help in advance.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Longshot but I'll toss this out... my car has a setting that reduces the volume when you start the car. In the event you had the volume way up when you parked, this feature prevents you from being "blasted" when you start the car. Once it's started, you can adjust the volume however you want.

Does your car have that setting?

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
So looking for ideas. I normallu set my volume at 100 percent then control the volume with what ever I've connected to the phone by BT.

My issue is when I connect to my car via wireless Android Auto. The volume seems to turn it's self down on the phone which I then need to go back into the phone and turn back up then it's fine. I know first world problem lol. Other than this the phone has been great .

Thanks for any help in advance.

Try just adjusting the volume with the car's volume control ... I'll bet that it will go back to that same setting the next time you get in.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Longshot but I'll toss this out... my car has a setting that reduces the volume when you start the car. In the event you had the volume way up when you parked, this feature prevents you from being "blasted" when you start the car. Once it's started, you can adjust the volume however you want.

Does your car have that setting?

Sadly no. The Jeep volume stays at what every I happen to be listening to previously.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Sadly no. The Jeep volume stays at what every I happen to be listening to previously.

Maybe it's a protection built into the phone to protect your speakers if it's full blast. Have you tried bringing the volume on phone down a few clicks to see if it stays at that level?

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Try just adjusting the volume with the car's volume control ... I'll bet that it will go back to that same setting the next time you get in.

That doesn't adjust the volume on the phone ,just the car. So far Ikeep having to go back to the phone turn it up them I adjust the cars volume to what I want it to be.

I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually .

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's a protection built into the phone to protect your speakers if it's full blast. Have you tried bringing the volume on phone down a few clicks to see if it stays at that level?

I'll give that a shot next.

I think it may be the phone. On the Samsung s20+ that I came from the S20 had a separate volume for BT devices. I noticed there is no indication of this on the P7P. So that could be it.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
So I think I may have figured out why the volume kept turning down. I use Power Amp for my media player. So I there is a setting in PA that turns down BT volume. To change the setting I changed that but you also need to go into Developer Options and change a setting in there . Now I need to test it out .

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So I think I may have figured out why the volume kept turning down. I use Power Amp for my media player. So I there is a setting in PA that turns down BT volume. To change the setting I changed that but you also need to go into Developer Options and change a setting in there . Now I need to test it out .

I don't know about everyone else but I am interested in the resolution. Please let us know!

philipdepalo

Mar 14, 2021
Visit site
It always makes me happy when I see something similar to what I'm experiencing. However it appears to be a bit different. I am also connected to my car's Bluetooth audio. However the Bluetooth audio keeps sliding down to zero on the phone. I immediately slide it back up, and it slides right back down to zero. However there's another problem, the slider continues to appear as I move from screen to screen. It keeps sliding out showing me the volume. I restarted the phone, and I got a safe boot screen, and was able to start it just fine. However that seems odd. It continues to function this way. It continues to adjust the Bluetooth audio down to zero. I tried the absolute volume option, and that has had no effect. I took a screen capture, showing it.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Well the settings changes I made seems to have worked.

Another weird thing that happened was when I got out of the car the the phone automatically connected to my Pixel Bud Pros ..... they were in the case still. Not sure what that is about.

Edited

Last edited: