Wallpaper keeps changing to the same dynamic wallpaer but i dont know where the dynamic is from

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Recently, no matter what wallpaper I set, live or static, in a short time it switches back to this dynamic wallpaper. The wallpaper is by Matt Vince and called wind Walker, it's a legends of Zelda thing, but I have no idea how it got on my phone or where it's from. I only know what it is from using Google lens in my many attempts to rid my phone of this problem. I've tried going through the permissions, uninstalling apps, setting wallpaper from the phone and not Nova, I just can't figure it out. Can anyone please help me? Thank you!

GinaBeana1115

Dec 20, 2021
Visit site
I have an LG thinQ g8x and no one else uses it also I'm not sure what you mean by safe mode but it never goes away. Ive changed the wallpaper and the way it's applied but to no avail. It's maddening. Thanks for the kind welcome and taking your time to help me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG thinQ g8x and I'm not sure what you mean by safe mode...

Safe mode is a mode where the phone only runs the OEM apps needed to function. Third party apps will not run, and helps narrow down where to look in cases like this. On my LG V60, I enter it by pressing and holding the power button until the power options popup. Press and hold the on screen power off button until it prompts you to restart in safe mode. Yours is likely the same, and you exit safe mode with a basic restart.

What do you mean by "dynamic wallpaper," as opposed to a live wallpaper?

Do you have any third party launchers installed that may have an automatic wallpaper selector?

GinaBeana1115

Dec 20, 2021
Visit site
Hi all. I just wanted to thank everyone that offered their time and help with my wallpaper issue. It seems, that for now, it has been rectified. I really hope it doesn't revert back, but if it does I know exactly where to turn for help. Have a wonderful time during the holidays!

GinaBeana1115

Dec 20, 2021
Visit site
In the end the solution eludes me as much as the problem did. One day it just stopped the switching thing. I had done so many different things to try and fix it that I can't say which one worked. I do believe it has to do with the Google wallpaper app but that's just a guess and yours is as good as mine ;)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In the end the solution eludes me as much as the problem did. One day it just stopped the switching thing. I had done so many different things to try and fix it that I can't say which one worked. I do believe it has to do with the Google wallpaper app but that's just a guess and yours is as good as mine ;)

Like you said hopefully it stays fixed , thanks for updating us .