want S-OFF. issue with pre-requisite

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi folks. :)

It sounds like it's easier to flash ROMs if the Rezound is S-OFF; so, I'm willing to try to accomplish this. The instructions I've found in various places (toolkit, ) all seem to require that the phone be running a stock RUU.

If I am rooted, running Nils' Business Sense (Sense 4.0), am I able to load this RUU without using TWRP?

Or, hell ... maybe I should just ask this: what is the recommended way to get S-OFF if I'm no longer stock? Maybe I've just been find the wrong instructions.

Thank you much!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks. :)

It sounds like it's easier to flash ROMs if the Rezound is S-OFF; so, I'm willing to try to accomplish this. The instructions I've found in various places (toolkit, ) all seem to require that the phone be running a stock RUU.

If I am rooted, running Nils' Business Sense (Sense 4.0), am I able to load this RUU without using TWRP?

Or, hell ... maybe I should just ask this: what is the recommended way to get S-OFF if I'm no longer stock? Maybe I've just been find the wrong instructions.

Thank you much!

As far as I know being stock is the best way though as I recall being on a stock-ish rom will do...stock-ish like one of the clean ROMS. Here's what you can do though: make a nandroid and a titanium back up of your current set up. Copy the nandroid file and the titanium files to your computer for safe keeping. Then do the relock and RUU. Be advised though, when I did the full RUU it wiped my internal sd and I lost all my titanium backups, that's why I say to copy them to somewhere safe. Also some people reported that doing the s-off wiped their external sd card. That would delete your nandroids!! Yikes! So you RUU back to stock then go through the s-off procedure. Once achieved you just re-flash Amon Ra, rand restore you nandroid. Or you go with a fresh install.

If your going to be flashing ROMS often ( hell yeah, that's why I rooted) being s-off is definitely worth the process.

Good luck!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know being stock is the best way though as I recall being on a stock-ish rom will do...stock-ish like one of the clean ROMS. Here's what you can do though: make a nandroid and a titanium back up of your current set up. Copy the nandroid file and the titanium files to your computer for safe keeping. Then do the relock and RUU. Be advised though, when I did the full RUU it wiped my internal sd and I lost all my titanium backups, that's why I say to copy them to somewhere safe. Also some people reported that doing the s-off wiped their external sd card. That would delete your nandroids!! Yikes! So you RUU back to stock then go through the s-off procedure. Once achieved you just re-flash Amon Ra, rand restore you nandroid. Or you go with a fresh install.

If your going to be flashing ROMS often ( hell yeah, that's why I rooted) being s-off is definitely worth the process.

Good luck!

Thank you, Wanda! I didn't know the process flow til now. Is the All-in-One S-OFF toolkit a procedure you've used? If you happened to bookmark the procedure & files you used to S-OFF, would you mind sharing links?

Thank you again!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, Wanda! I didn't know the process flow til now. Is the All-in-One S-OFF toolkit a procedure you've used? If you happened to bookmark the procedure & files you used to S-OFF, would you mind sharing links?

Thank you again!

Seems like a lifetime ago! I've never used the all in one toolkit so I can't speak to now effectiveness. When i did it, it was still a pretty new process so things may have been ironed out by now. All the files and links i used were on the site that shall go unnamed. Ill see if I can find them.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Just reading some of the posts on the all in one thread and it seems legit. I'd give it a go but like it says, read EVERYTHING first.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Just reading some of the posts on the all in one thread and it seems legit. I'd give it a go but like it says, read EVERYTHING first.

I'm not going to rush into this one, but good to hear your opinion first. I may drudge up this thread over the next couple of weeks, if you don't mind.

Thanks again, Wanda! :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards